Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattysse,Saremento "Maidana doesnt last four rounds against me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol he lost to Judah! Judah never could beat a top fighter besides splitting with Spinks and isn't as good as he once was.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
      Lol he lost to Judah! Judah never could beat a top fighter besides splitting with Spinks and isn't as good as he once was.
      mattysse won that fight pretty clearly. he should have knocked judah out but they robbed him because zab was slick or some make believe garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
        lol no, no he didnt.

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        A 4 round fighter?Against Kotelnik he threw about 1200 punches,when the fight against Morales was in the melting pot he managed to throw 200 punches in the last 2 rounds mostly power punches,the body shot against Khan took alot out of him and yet he still came on strong in the last 3.His chin may not be the greatest but it is alright it his recovery levels that are incredible and that makes him very hard to knock out.Ill give you that he is crude hopefully Rudy can polish up is technique abit after spending more time training with Maidana and Lucas is a very good technical fighter aswell as a puncher i just cant see him koing Chino.I would see him beating Maidana on points but you can never write off Maidana
        lol okay i admit i resorted to hyperbole and the weird thing is i'm a big fan of Maidana. I agree with most of what you said.

His chin is below average but his recoperative powers are tremendous. It's still a weakness though and one that Matthyse doesn't have, Lucas's chin seems to be iron.

His stamina is a huge issue and one that has frustrated me enourmously as a fan. His Kotelnik fight is the one fight where it wasn't an issue but every other fight i think i'v seen Khan, Corley, Morales even against Cayo even though it only went 6 he seemed to slow down.

His power drops off too, in the Khan fight for example he may get the occasional second wind where he throws a decent power shot here and there but overall during the second half of the fight he pushes his shots and he's clearly not capable as he is at the beginning of the fight. Matthyse has no issue with this same thing and was slugging Judah with brutal shots 10-12 every power shot he threw. Lucas is obviously the much more polished boxer.

I just don't see how anyone could think Maidana has more upside than Matthyse. He seems to have all Maidana's strengths but none of his weaknesses. Like i said i am a fan of Maidana but his flaws particularly his stamina which is something that can be addressed has always frustrated me. Matthyse has reach World level at almost the exact same point in his career that Maidana did, i just know that i'm expecting him to do even better and triumph where Maidana has fallen short.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Matthysse is 5'9. Maidana 5'8 and their builds look around the same. If anything i think Matthysse looks a bit thicker.

Maidana is a 4 round fighter after that he gasses and his power disappears and he has a shaky chin. Matthysse seems to have a great chin (he was laughing at Judah when Zab would land power shots) can go 12 rounds and carries his power through the entire fight. Along with his superior and quite good technique Matthysse stop Maidana imo.

After watching Matthysse-Judah again i'm favouring him to beat Alexander.
          Maidana 4 round fighter? Tell that to Amir Khan,

Comment

Originally posted by JuanDan View Post
            Maidana 4 round fighter? Tell that to Amir Khan,
            lol Maidana's lack of stamina is the only reason Khan won that fight

Comment

1. Maidana walks thru all his ****.

2. "Saramento" is a loser w/ a made up name i guarantee u his real name is like HANK SCHWARZMAN or something.

Comment

I agree with that, if Maidana had more stamina he would of stopped Khan, but he's hardly a 4 round fighter is he?

Comment

i agree because i saw him gas out against El Terrible as well...but to be fair, in the Khan fight, i imagine that those brutal body shots in round 1 might have sapped him a bit

Comment

how can maidana b a 4 round fighter yet he sucked n the opening rounds n almost KO'd khan late?

OMG it's so ******ed thanks 4 ruining the internet dude!

Comment

I just don't understand how people on here can continue to crap on proven fighters, then hype up some guy who hasn't done shit yet. We will get a taste of what he can do with Alexander. Im excited for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X