No announcement yet.

Great performance by Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    I am not going to be hypocritical about it considering I criticize Andre Ward, I'm not liking what Loma is polishing in his gameplan, he's adding dirty tactics to it, punching after the bell, and some elbows.
    I like gritty fighters but even I raised an eyebrow at the forearms to the back of the neck, to push rigo down. Doing that to a guy who is so much smaller... it's almost unsporting.
    The long, "what can I get away with?" session with the ref was interesting too.

Personally, I'd love it if Loma made things a little more ugly in future fights, and he'll need to if he's going to fight bigger guys like Garcia. But, I can respect it if some people don't go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Technically speaking, it was beautiful. There were a lot of new elements he brought into his game.
      Interesting to note that, a lot of his fans claim to hate "dirty" fighters but Loma was dirty as fuk last night, particularly with the forearms. I kinda liked that he was willing to get gritty but I have a feeling these boxing justice warriors that disapprove of "dirty" fighters will completely excuse him.
      stop it. rigo was holding him for dear life. loma would not have used a forearm once if rigo wasnt holding him. you cant blame a guy for fouling when the first guy(rigo) caused the foul. so dishonest and you know it. lets call it all even...no lets not. rigo was using illegal tactics just like ward always did and he hot his ass called out like he should have and like ward should have. if rigo wasnt fouling guess how many fouls there would have been in the fight? zero!

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        Loma is like an improved version of prime Roy Jones

Take RJJ's athleticism, mix it with elite boxing skills, and voilá, you have a Lomachenko
        Roy Jones is a good comparison, two athletic freaks. I wouldn't say he's an improved version though, Roy Jones had fight ending power and blinding speed that Loma doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I like gritty fighters but even I raised an eyebrow at the forearms to the back of the neck, to push rigo down. Doing that to a guy who is so much smaller... it's almost unsporting.
          The long, "what can I get away with?" session with the ref was interesting too.

Personally, I'd love it if Loma made things a little more ugly in future fights, and he'll need to if he's going to fight bigger guys like Garcia. But, I can respect it if some people don't go for that.
          once again rigo was bending well below the waist first. if rigo didnt do that there would be no foul. blame the guy who is actually causing the fouls. not the person reacting to it. that is rigo. that is ward. they are the cheaters. dont try and call everything even so your favs can get away with that bullsh-it. i know you are going to try and convince yourself they are all the same so you can pass off the blatant cheating that fraud ward did. couldnt box a lick. 87 clinches vs kessler? what a joke. kessler is basic! get a good ref in there and he falls apart. entitled bum boxer. they and you let him get away with that s-hit. you have no shame.

Comment

One of Loma's hi-tech training session is hitting a tennis ball attached to his head, and he made used of it with Rigo's head. It's like there's no where for Rigo to hide his head, it's being hit like a guided missile.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              stop it. rigo was holding him for dear life. loma would not have used a forearm once if rigo wasnt holding him.
              I love these guys that excuse bad behavior with the "2 wrongs make a right" argument.
              You either approve of dirty/gritty tactics or you don't. Making circumstantial exceptions for fighters you approve of is just inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Roy Jones is a good comparison, two athletic freaks. I wouldn't say he's an improved version though, Roy Jones had fight ending power and blinding speed that Loma doesn't have.
                Good points. I see Loma's skill really being rooted in fight science. It's very rehearsed, technical, and methodical. Roy was an athletic freak that looked like he was freestyling at times and did it with godly power.

I believe Loma's techniques will carry with him longer than Roy's did, and Roy's abilities were something you can't simply train for.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

His avatar is hilarious.
                  I was admiring the talent behind that work myself.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    stop it. rigo was holding him for dear life. loma would not have used a forearm once if rigo wasnt holding him. you cant blame a guy for fouling when the first guy(rigo) caused the foul. so dishonest and you know it. lets call it all even...no lets not. rigo was using illegal tactics just like ward always did and he hot his ass called out like he should have and like ward should have. if rigo wasnt fouling guess how many fouls there would have been in the fight? zero!
                    preach brother!!!!

Comment

I was impressed with the way he body-surfed Rigo when he was bent forward. He should put on a few lbs of muscle and move up. Very entertaining fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X