No announcement yet.

Since when does Lineal = garbage??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when does Lineal = garbage??

Im looking for a little help here fellas. What makes a lineal champ a lineal champ. I thought it meant being the best in that division regardless of any belts you hold.

Then when in time someone is the lineal champ at that time and gets beat the person who beat them becomes the lineal champ right? So why discredit him later?

Or when the two best fighters in the division are fighting each other that makes the winner the lineal champ right?

My question to you all is what do you think makes a lineal champ and if you beat the lineal champ does that make you the lineal champ?

When there is no lineal champion, the new lineal champion is determined when the universally ranked 1 and 2 fighters in the division square off. On rare occasion, it can be determined when the number 1 and 3 fighters square off, assuming that the number 3 fighter is on near equal footing with the number 2, however this happens very rarely.

Beating the reigning lineal champ makes you the lineal champion. You can only lose a lineal title by vacating it, retiring, or losing it in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
      When there is no lineal champion, the new lineal champion is determined when the universally ranked 1 and 2 fighters in the division square off. On rare occasion, it can be determined when the number 1 and 3 fighters square off, assuming that the number 3 fighter is on near equal footing with the number 2, however this happens very rarely.

Beating the reigning lineal champ makes you the lineal champion. You can only lose a lineal title by vacating it, retiring, or losing it in the ring.
      Ok agreed
      but why do people argue over teh floyd baldo and manny JMM lineal titles then

I admit I made fun of you when you said he won the vacant lineal title
      but i was misinformed

Comment

The reason they discredit it because people feel he should have fought garbage azz margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Im looking for a little help here fellas. What makes a lineal champ a lineal champ. I thought it meant being the best in that division regardless of any belts you hold.

Then when in time someone is the lineal champ at that time and gets beat the person who beat them becomes the lineal champ right? So why discredit him later?

Or when the two best fighters in the division are fighting each other that makes the winner the lineal champ right?

My question to you all is what do you think makes a lineal champ and if you beat the lineal champ does that make you the lineal champ?
          It doesnt but Baldo is as close to garbage as a lineal champ could be.

Comment

Yeah, Baldo was a really weak lineal champ.

Comment

Antbody remeber the WW rankings for 2006. If so could you post them. been looking for those ****s for the past 10min.

Comment

Baldomir was about as mediocre a lineal champ as you can fight, but he was lineal champ, so Floyd deserves that credit, especially for the manner in which he won.

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
                  Antbody remeber the WW rankings for 2006. If so could you post them. been looking for those ****s for the past 10min.
                  Floyd Mayweather Jr., Champion

1.Antonio Margarito
                  2.Carlos Manuel Baldomir
                  3.Miguel Angel Cotto
                  4.Zab Judah
                  5.Luis Collazo
                  6.Kermit Cintron
                  7.Oktay Urkal
                  8.Arturo Gatti
                  9.Paul Williams
                  10.Joshua Clottey

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_2006

Comment

Lineal champ is lineal champ. Not the divisions best fighter by definition.

Comment

Working...
                    X