Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do boxers make a wheezing sound when they punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do boxers make a wheezing sound when they punch?

fighters like roy jones jr and mayweather jr are easily noticed doing that. can some1 explain to me the science behind it

They're breathing out. Keeping your breath while punching will fatigue you. So it's important to breathe out every time you throw a punch.

Comment

Lol, I'm ****ing surprised you didn't know this...

Comment

Because we all want to be like Hatton.

Comment

better question is why do some boxers SCREAM..... >.>

Comment

i dunno but it makes me less tired when i do it... i dont even know why.. lolz

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
              better question is why do some boxers SCREAM..... >.>
              Makes you breathe more air out.

It's also just satisfying to get to scream and hit something really hard lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
                They're breathing out. Keeping your breath while punching will fatigue you. So it's important to breathe out every time you throw a punch.
                y thats right, i am also wondering why you don't know this after 1k posts^^

Comment

exhaling involuntarily flexes the stomach muscles especially when its a forced exhale. dont know if they only do this when they punch but it could also be done when getting hit body shots. also whiel punching if they get countered with a body shot since they exhaled their abs are flexed and ready for the hit with out hem even having to think about it.

i dont really know about breathing out and helping with stamina but i can calmly breath in and out while im punching and not make noticiable noises.

though say i pucker my lips alittle so i have to force the air out i happen to make noises and i also happen to flex my abs.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-23-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Exhaling during the movement causes it to be more powerful and completed faster.

also, any counters will be taken while you are tense, reducing damage, keeping you more balanced and meaning you wont be winded.

Pretty simple really ...

Comment

Working...
                    X