Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Margarito considering a Clottey fight and ignoring Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Either fight unifies (well at least hopefully) the welterweight titles. There is no downside to that. If I were Margarito I'd rather fight Williams anyway. Clottey is a tough, tough fight.
    Yeah but the difference is Williams actually beat Margarito. Clottey didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares View Post
      Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.

You really need to start making your point without lying. The first fight was on HBO and it WAS the main event. The other crap you posted is not even worth responding to.

Comment

Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.

This has to be a post by Viva Mexico...Its P.Williams fault that Quintana " DIDNT PROPERLY WARM UP"...Get the hell on with that garbage....He just got beat fair and square...No fluke..P.Williams was just the better man....Stop with your non-sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Either fight unifies (well at least hopefully) the welterweight titles. There is no downside to that. If I were Margarito I'd rather fight Williams anyway. Clottey is a tough, tough fight.
          I hear you Scott, but both fighters are promoted by Arum and if Tony loses a third fight takes place. If Tony loses a second time to Williams then what. Besided if Tony gets two belts and the PPV with Clottey is success, he has much more bargaining power going in with the Williams fight. And lastly, The Clottey - Margarito fight is more exciting than the Williams - Margarito fight unless "My head is butting you" cuts up Tony bad.

Comment

Originally posted by c'monmang' View Post
            Lol..........................
            Tony was deported from 154 back down to 147 by Daniel Santos(KTFO by Kofi Jantuah) Oscar is a better fighter than Santos at any weight..especially 154.

Marge could have EASILLY fought Mayweather..

ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS CANCEL THE FIGHT WITH MANUEL GOMEZ' UNRANKED ASS.

Nobody let's a bum like Gomez get in the way of their dream fight..not unless they REALLY didn't want the fight in the first place.

Tony wants Floyd as much as a possum wants an axe handle.

Comment

Let me tell you why.

LMAO, you actually believe that bull****?

He was meant to fight Cintron but he backed out with his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post
                Tony was deported from 154 back down to 147 by Daniel Santos(KTFO by Kofi Jantuah) Oscar is a better fighter than Santos at any weight..especially 154.

Nobody let's a bum like Gomez get in the way of their dream fight..not unless they REALLY didn't want the fight in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post

if i were antonio margarito i'd be seeking fights with top welter's
                  Hes done that his entire career.

Nobody wanted to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Yeah but the difference is Williams actually beat Margarito. Clottey didn't.
                    That is fact, and they are both difficult matchup for any welterweight. There is just a lot more upside (and money) beating the guy who has a win over you. Clottey has almost no fanbase anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post

First of all Oscar would never fight Santos because he avoids southpaws like they were AIDS patients. He hasn't fought one in 11 years, and that was a joke fight against a washed up Camacho. You only call Oscar the best at 154 because it flatters Mayweather.

Second, how many days are you going to keep posting that BULL**** about the Manuel Gomez fight without proving it? Margarito would have made at least ten times as much fighting Floyd. At that time he hadn't had one big payday yet. How stupid do you think the other posters here are to believe that? Please explain how Margarito could have EASILY fought Mayweather instead of Gomez.

Comment

Working...
                      X