No announcement yet.

Name 3 current hype jobs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Garcia so much of hype job, that you guys can't even spell Mikey.

My list
    1. Canelo - his best fight has been against Ryan Rhodes, now he's ready for Mayweather?
    2. Rigo - what can i say, he beat the GOAT Rico Ramos.
    3. Matthysse - his best win is Ajose, now the entire division is somehow scared of him, WTF?
    lol , come on man ..

i like "mikey"..i think he's a classy kid but im not going to lie about his resume just because of that.. rooting for him btw, altho i dont think he's going to win..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      lol , come on man ..

i like "mikey"..i think he's a classy kid but im not going to lie about his resume just because of that.. rooting for him btw, altho i dont think he's going to win..
      It'll get better after Salido.

Comment

1. Rigo
        2. Broner
        3. Trout

Comment

gamboa-gets droped in almost every fight, gonna get kod as soon as he fights
          someone with a little tallent and a little durabilty

broner-might turn out to be good if he gets mannaged the right way but for now not even close to what they make him out to be

kahn-i put him at the bottom cuz atleast hes fought world class fighters and even beat some of them but i always thought all he really had was size and speed and as soon as he fought guys as big as him he started losing agian and as nsoon as he fights guys as big as him agian hell lose agian

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            A hype-job is a fighter that receives a lot of support from their promoter/network and the alphabet organizations to the point where it seems like they're the only one in their respective division that matters. A hype-job is a fighter that benefits from favorable match-making. A hype-job is a fighter who has few top/relevant names on his resume and is forgiven for it, due to their star-power/charisma/ability to be marketed. A hype-job tends to have numerous guys trying to fight him because they are aware that he is a product of the hype machine and desperately want some of that hype rubbed off on them. A hype-job tends to have an undeserved ranking when compared to his contemporaries.

Not all fighters match this description exactly, but some come mighty close to hitting all of those points. I think there are plenty of over-hyped fighters, but few "hype-jobs".
            YES!!!!!!...my dude

Nelo
            Chavez Jr.
            Seth Mitchell

Comment

Brandon rios. /thread.

Comment

easy.

G.

G.

and G.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  1. Rigo
                  2. Broner
                  3. Trout
                  Broner has talent and hes good to watch but p4p inclusion as of right now is a joke. He is also the corniest most cringeworthy athlete i can remember. Everytime he opens his mouth i cringe. Also, no rios on your list, or are mexicans excluded? He is clearly the biggest hype job in the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                    Brandon rios. /thread.
                    Brandon is what he is. his hype stems from being an exciting fighter with some extraordinary intangibles. his hype doesn't paint him as some kind of virtuoso or the next pound for pound picasso.

Comment

Broner (exposed by ponce)

Rigondeaux (exposed in his last fight)

lara (exposed in last fight, also a boring runner)

Comment

Working...
                      X