No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Not Afraid To Retire, But I Want To Be Number One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
    Must suck being you knowing Haye can never be considered better than boring Klitschko.
    "Better" as defined by? P4P Haye takes Wlad. Entertainment value Haye > Wlad all the way. Punch variety Haye wins. Excitement, Haye also takes it. It doesn't bother me the slightest. Haye vs Chisora was more exciting than any Wladimir fight. And that's what i'm in boxing for. Excitement. Wlad will never bring that to the table, and that's why Haye fans stick up for him and cheer him and shout for him and travel for him. And that's also why the klitsckho's didn't fill out stadiums in 2012. Must suck to to know that the gay boys you fall for will never engage in a fight. But hey, I like fighting, Klit fans like "chess games". Each to his own.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
      The key for Haye in a hypothetical rematch is the inside, it's problematic due to the fact that Wladimir holds you like a vice grip in there until the ref comes and breaks the clinch.

Haye has the footspeed and head movement to get past a jab, but up close he doesnt have much to offer, he is at his best throwing power shots from the outside, as is Wlad.

Since Haye is the shorter guy with the shorter reach he has the physical advantage on the inside, if he knew how to use it he could beat Wlad, because once you get inside of his jab and right hand, what does he have? he sure can't throw an uppercut inside to keep you off.

Also he doesn't necessary have to have a complete inside game ala Bowe but can use necessary tricks; uppercut when in that intermediate range, the main issue is that the time window is very short.

I see Wlad doing the usual, basing his game around his Jab. But if wants to win or KO Wladimir he will have to risk a lot more. He showed he doesn't have a glass chin. But necessary pressure makes him more vulnerable, if he wants to win it's a risk he has to take.
      If Haye risks more, I see Haye getting knocked the fuck out.
      Last edited by Weltschmerz; 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Vitali the coward will never put his title on the line against a boxer who comes in great physical condition.

TKO 6 will carry on fighting fat slob bums until he retires
        Adamek is always in shape. Chisora came in decent shape too and gave a good fight. So you're talking crap again.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          "Better" as defined by? P4P Haye takes Wlad
          Ring Magazine, Boxrec, and this very site has Wladimir in the top 10 p4p but not Haye. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone who has Haye in their top 10 p4p list. I would take the views of these organisation a lot more seriously than yours, as would the majority of people.

In the end it doesn't matter though. What matters is if you put the 2 in the ring. We have already seen what happens when you put Haye and Wladimir in the ring together. It is on video for future generations to see and cannot be erased.

Comment

he needs to work his way to number 1. There are a hand full of heavyweights, besides the Klitchkos, who can beat him.

Comment

Some months ago Vitali said he may have a farewell fight in Kiev, Ukraine.

David Haye said he's afraid to fight Vitali there.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...hlight=Ukraine

Comment

I'd rather see Vitali against a real fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  Ring Magazine, Boxrec, and this very site has Wladimir in the top 10 p4p but not Haye. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone who has Haye in their top 10 p4p list. I would take the views of these organisation a lot more seriously than yours, as would the majority of people.

In the end it doesn't matter though. What matters is if you put the 2 in the ring. We have already seen what happens when you put Haye and Wladimir in the ring together. It is on video for future generations to see and cannot be erased.
                  Lol. I wasn't saying he holds a higher p4p ranking than Wlad (but did when he was CW champion). What I'm saying is a p4p Haye is better than p4p Wlad. I don't know why you go on a rumble of things that has no bearing on the comment I made - but good comment dude.

Comment

Lol. I wasn't saying he holds a higher p4p ranking than Wlad (but did when he was CW champion). What I'm saying is a p4p Haye is better than p4p Wlad.
                    I'm not saying you're clueless, you just have no clue. I doubt Haye was top 25 p4p when he was briefly the champ at cruiser.

Comment

Lol. I wasn't saying he holds a higher p4p ranking than Wlad (but did when he was CW champion). What I'm saying is a p4p Haye is better than p4p Wlad. I don't know why you go on a rumble of things that has no bearing on the comment I made - but good comment dude.
                      So why didn't he beat Wlad?

Comment

Working...
                      X