Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Says Ricky Hatton Is Making A Big Mistake To Return To Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some boxers has like, more than 10 loses and yet still fighting. so let him fight.

"its my life, dont you forget"

Comment

He will be like the old Ricky for 3-4 rounds maximum, and then you'll see his performance nose dive. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        He will be like the old Ricky for 3-4 rounds maximum, and then you'll see his performance nose dive. Mark my words.
        Nosedive, but still beat sevchenko i guess you mean, Rickys opponent isnt that good is he?

But hatton lost to 2 greats like Pac and FLoyd, and he risks losing to nobodies. Thats the only risk really, but he dont want to go out on that loss to Pac, he wants to show he is better than that, so we cant begrudge him that.

He wasnt 100% against Pac, and even if he was he probably would have lost, by Ko still to Pac somewhere later in the fight. But i suppose if he continues to fight, he can retire on his own terms, while he is still at the top, its a hard call.

Comment

Manny KNOWS....his children....Ricky should really listen to what his daddy is saying here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            personally, i think hatton came back coz his promotional company needs a boost to attract more viewers to his stable.
            No, although those from his stable who are fighting on his card should feel very, very fortunate. But he didn't watch his fight with Pacman for a good couple of years afterwards and it really affected him mentally, thus his run-in with drugs & drink.

He wants to return to right a wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              No, although those from his stable who are fighting on his card should feel very, very fortunate. But he didn't watch his fight with Pacman for a good couple of years afterwards and it really affected him mentally, thus his run-in with drugs & drink.

He wants to return to right a wrong.
              Boosting his promotional company Oscar De La **** style could be a side mission of his comeback.

Comment

hatton is like roy

you see when roy addresses the people calling for him to retire
                "i can't live with myself, you wanna see me jump off a bridge or fight?"

Comment

Pacquiao fight messed him up big time, but I also understand it stemmed from the whole training camp and Issues with Mayweather Snr.

Mayweather Snr didnt like anyone else being involved so he wasnt turning up on time or at all, he was being overtrained so was burnt out, Lee Beard had to step in or he wouldnt have had anyone, his whole preparation was messed up and then the inevitable happened.

His comeback is his way of putting all the bad that came out of that fight behind him, he has lost alot of money from his promotional company so Im sure there might be a bit of that aswell, I Initially thought that was his main reason but Hatton made millions.

Anyway good luck to him, he's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    'i do not think it is a good idea to come back once a fighter has retired. it’s not something i plan on doing,' said pacquaio, 'i know how hard it is to get back into good boxing shape after being out of the training camp for only three or four months.'

despite voicing his concerns over hatton's return, pacquiao insisted he respects the manchester fighter's decision and it is not something he will ever do once he walks away.

'i cannot imagine what it is like after a number of years, it’s not just the conditioning, it’s the reflexes, legs, mental conditioning, and so much more. but this is ricky’s decision to make and I respect him for it.' pacquiao stated.

personally, i think hatton came back coz his promotional company needs a boost to attract more viewers to his stable. the risk outweighs the rewards. if hatton loses in brutal fashion, then all his hardwork would be for nothing and everyone would lose interest not only on hatton as a fighter but as a promoter as well. but if he wins, he can ride the wave to the top and bring his stable to another level.

your thoughts?

I agree with what he is saying. I think the biggest mistake is taking on someone like Senchenko in his first comeback fight. I understand that Paulie beat Senchenko and that may have a little to do with Hatton choosing to fight him but Paulie won by sticking and moving, remaining "slick" and elusive.

Hatton is going to come into this fight thinking he will KO Senchenko in highlight reel fashion and attempt to walk right through him. If he can't get to Senchenko early on and enough, he will fade very fast. We are talking about a 3 year layoff, not 8 months, not a year or a year and a half even.......3 entire years.

It is going to be very, very tough to beat Senchenko given his circumstances, I wish him well but I don't think this is going to work out for Hatton.
                    Last edited by mathed; 11-22-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

The only mistake is if Hatton decides to sign a rematch with Manny Pacquiao because we all know Bob is foaming at the mouth at the prospect of revisiting this fight. He needs a good rebound win after the beating Marquez is going to inflict on him..

Comment

Working...
                      X