Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion is mankind's worst creation, question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as we don't have the answer to everything religion will exist. It isn't cancer - it's human nature... We like to think of ourself as logical creatures, but really we're not. Quite emotional the lot of us

Comment

In what way is it the worse creation? Humans have been killing humans since they were able to.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        As long as we don't have the answer to everything religion will exist. It isn't cancer - it's human nature... We like to think of ourself as logical creatures, but really we're not. Quite emotional the lot of us
        wtf!! i am not phuckin' emotional, you euro-douche bag!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Will this cancer to society be decimated in the coming decades by the growth of the internet is my question? There is a breadth of knowledge available now for all to see how stupid it is.
            Wrong...money is the worst creation ever invented by man

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
              Wrong...money is the worst creation ever invented by man
              dumb ****, without the barter system there'd be no US. Where else could you trade beads, blankets and crap liquor for thousands of square miles of land?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Have any proof of this theory?

You know people wouldn't have a sense of morality if it wasn't for Religion?

yes.

additionally, i've read plenty of ancient texts. gilgamesh, the old testament, but especially classical greek, etc. i read tens of thousands of words from ancient texts at college. tens of thousands. maybe more.

nearly every ancient civilization was religiously ordered.
                agriculture and religion are commonly regarded as major factors in creating cities, which allow for a surplus of and a diferentiation of labor. they made civilization.

IE it took us out of the stone age by moving us away from hunting and gathering.

it's quite a well documented phenomenon, and frankly it ought to seem like common sense if you've got a strong enough base of knowledge on the subject.
                Last edited by New England; 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman
                  LOL. You're joking right?

about the jerking off part?

sort of. i'm using humor as a rhetorical device.

on the impact of religion in the creation of cities and civilizations, no, i am not kidding. farming and religion are considered chief factors in moving human beings out of the stone age.
                  Last edited by New England; 11-10-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    about the jerking off part?

sort of. i'm using humor as a rhetorical device.

on the impact of religion in the creation of cities and civilizations, no, i am not kidding. farming and religion are considered chief factors in moving human beings out of the stone age.
                    Exactly. I'm not religious and never have been, but it's rather foolish to ignore the positive impact it's had on civilized society. A rather decent book on the subject:

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Exactly. I'm not religious and never have been, but it's rather foolish to ignore the positive impact it's had on civilized society. A rather decent book on the subject:

i'm fully expecting people to insult my education by telling me i'm full of BS, rofl.

it's an easy leap to make when you've got a modest understanding of the way ancient peoples developed into civilizations.

people used to live in family groups and wander from place to place

stone tools
                      caves
                      etc. they hunted and gathered from the wild

people eventually settled into permanent residences. they started to farm, and they began to write, and they developed culture. nearly universal to ancient civilizations was religiousness or spirituality.

what was stone henge?
                      the pyramids?
                      the mayan temples?

religious centers

Comment

Working...
                      X