No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Ward anyone ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Difficult to do when N'jikam and Sturm duck you. How likely do you think it is that Geale, Martinez or Chavez fight him either?

I agree with you and don't think Ward and GGG should fight in the near future but that's also a convenient excuse when the other belts holders vacate or refuse to fight him. If Geale fights Soliman instead then Golovkin will have unified the WBA Titles by N'jikam, Sturm and Geale all refusing to fight him.
    He'll get his shots. What he needs more than those fights is to be on TV more. He's got a great TV style. His people need to get him on any US outlet they can in the next year about five times. Want to FORCE people to fight you. Leave a bunch of bodies on the floor and make yourself the draw. He can do it.

Point is, it's a good thing to have a fight hardcore cats can buzz about and build. I'm all for it. Talk it up until they can't turn the volume down.

Comment

I like GGG. He is a very exciting and aggressive talent who is willing to fight anybody. He got real knock out power and have good boxing skills.

We must be careful though, when we over hype a fighter.

Let's take a look back at Lucian Bute. Bute had 9 straight title defenses. He have beaten Bika,Berrio, Andrade,Miranda,Magee,Mendy, and Johnson. That is no ATG resume and it's not a resume filled with world class fighters, but it far outshine what Gennady have achieved so far.

Bute looked MORE impressive for a MUCH longer period of time compare to Gennady. He looked MORE unbeatable, he is bigger,stronger,and have real KO power as well. The first time he stepped it up in class, he got utterly dominated by Froch.
      I am by no means saying the same thing will happen to Gennady, but let's see him fight a legit talent first. Someone like a Quillen or the winner of Martinez-Jr, before we jump to any conclusions.

Let's also not forget Gennady is 30 years old. For a HW, 30 years old is still young, but for a MW 30 might not be old, it sure ain't young either.
      Anyways, I hope the best for Gennady and hope he is the real deal. For now, Ward is miles ahead of GGG though and nobody should even attempt to refute that.

Comment

Working...
      X