No announcement yet.

Will Floyd back Cotto up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Just because he's walking him down doesn't mean he'll become a volume puncher.

He's still going to average around 40 punches around whether he walks him down or not.
    Im not convinced floyds punch output is enough to scare/walk cotto down. Yes floyd throws hard shots, but i dont beleive its enough to make cotto cower and be walked down. Cotto's no stranger to being hit hard, he's game to stand his ground and exchange. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      Im not convinced floyds punch output is enough to scare/walk cotto down. Yes floyd throws hard shots, but i dont beleive its enough to make cotto cower and be walked down. Cotto's no stranger to being hit hard, he's game to stand his ground and exchange. We'll see what happens.
      TBH, I thought the same way when Floyd signed to fight Mosley. I thought he was going to simply outbox Mosley. I think we can all agree that we didn't quite expect what did happen.

I can see Floyd walking Cotto down. Probably not right away, but eventually he will start to.

Comment

Doesn't need to be.

He'll stand infront of him but box, that's what he always does.

When Cotto keeps missing and Mayweather keeps landing, he'll back up. It's what he does.

Comment

Cotto backs up against damn near everyone now. When Floyd is in front of him hitting him at will, he'll back up like he always does.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 03-20-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emphasis View Post
            TBH, I thought the same way when Floyd signed to fight Mosley. I thought he was going to simply outbox Mosley. I think we can all agree that we didn't quite expect what did happen.

I can see Floyd walking Cotto down. Probably not right away, but eventually he will start to.
            Different fighters, different styles, different variables. It all depends on what cotto shows up, and how well he is prepared. Imo, Cotto will show up to fight, and wont shy away from a punch, nor wont be trigger shy.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Doesn't need to be.

He'll stand infront of him but box, that's what he always does.

When Cotto keeps missing and Mayweather keeps landing, he'll back up. It's what he does.
            Maybe. And maybe cotto is a little better than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              Fighting super slow Margarito doesn't make you a master at fighting on the backfoot. Floyd won't have a problem if Cotto try to fight that way, Cotto will just be throwing jabs and then few hooks in spots when Floyd stop moving, but Floyd will find openings because Cotto tend to positioned himself where he can easily be hit by the straight right hand. Cotto looked faster than usual against Margarito, but so have every other opponents that have fought Margarito.
              I dont care who hes fighting, Cotto is gonna be cotto, and styles make fights...I havnt seen 50' Floyd fight someone with that style, and all Im saying is, it will Show Floyd having to adjust a little bit..I never said Floyd was gonna lose or ANYTHING like that..LOL

Comment

I'm pretty sure Floyd comes forward, just like I see Cotto coming foward. I see both fighter's having to occasionally take steps back to dodge punches.

Comment

it'll be back and forth...but i see miguel backing him up more..

Comment

Working...
                  X