No announcement yet.

Hasegawa to fight on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasegawa to fight on

KOBE (Kyodo) -- Hozumi Hasegawa, who relinquished his WBC featherweight crown in his first title defense in April, is not going to throw in the towel on his career and vowed Monday to keep fighting.

"Boxing is my life. I want to keep fighting with my whole body and soul," Hasegawa told a press conference at his Shinsei Gym in Kobe. "Whether I am weak or not is the question and I have decided to give it another shot to find out the answer."

Hasegawa, 30, was stopped by Mexican challenger Jhonny Gonzalez in a fourth-round technical knockout but did not comment about his future after the defeat.

Hasegawa beat top-ranked Juan Carlos Burgos of Mexico by unanimous decision in November last year to take the WBC featherweight title.

He had moved up two weight classes from bantamweight, the title which he defended 10 times before losing the belt in April 2010 to Mexico's Fernando Montiel

Fight at 122.

At 126 he looks small.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about this.

Unless he figures a way to reverse his ring mentality or from doing stupid sh.it like reaching down to block punches, then he's just going to get stopped again after a tune-up fight.

Comment

I love Hozumi, but his biggest flaw is that he's too comfortable at getting hit. He even decides to brawl even when he's easily out-boxing his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          I love Hozumi, but his biggest flaw is that he's too comfortable at getting hit. He even decides to brawl even when he's easily out-boxing his opponent.
          Ya that KO run he went on really went to his head he cant be trading with punchers like Montiel and Gonzalez but he seems to have that warriors mentality like he broke his jaw in the 1st round against Montiel

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post
            I don't know how I feel about this.

Unless he figures a way to reverse his ring mentality or from doing stupid sh.it like reaching down to block punches, then he's just going to get stopped again after a tune-up fight.
            Sure he was nearly KOed against Burgos.The Gonzalez and Montiel KOs are still painful to watch haha

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Fight at 122.

At 126 he looks small.
              Ya 122 would be good for him.Heard something like he jumped past 122 because Nishioka was champ and that he did'nt want to have to fight him or that they were friends

Comment

Working...
              X