No announcement yet.

School or Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School or Boxing?

Hey everyone, im 16 years old and ive been boxing for a year now. Ive got good skills and i take boxing seriously. this whole time ive been boxing my school grades has been going down gradually. its like all i can think about is boxing, boxing, and more boxing. no one in my family wants me to box anymore and they want me to continue my education. all i really want to do right now is box. but i want to make my parents proud. And ppl have always been tellin me, "balance your time, balance your time" and im at the point where i dont want to deal with school anymore. so does any one have some advise for me. anything at all. im really stuck.

i understand but i might sound like your parents but im 16 too and think about this all these years from 10th grade count! and i mean it they count if you want to get into a good college dont risk it man spend more time making sure your grades are up than training because training is 50/50 u dont know if your goona live off of it for sure but a good education will almost gurantee you a good living if you study and do good

Comment

u better be a power puncher with a **** load of speed then and great defense. cause your 16,a least finish high school first.

Comment

I doubt that it's the boxing that's negatively affecting you. I think you're just lazy and don't want to study. I box, workout at home, and workout at school(in the mornings) and my marks are good. It's tough but you HAVE to study and get good grades. School isn't hard. If you just PAY ATTENTION in class and take notes and not do any hmwk you'll still do very well. Just try to pay attention in class.

Comment

Originally posted by canrus123 View Post
          I doubt that it's the boxing that's negatively affecting you. I think you're just lazy and don't want to study. I box, workout at home, and workout at school(in the mornings) and my marks are good. It's tough but you HAVE to study and get good grades. School isn't hard. If you just PAY ATTENTION in class and take notes and not do any hmwk you'll still do very well. Just try to pay attention in class.

Im with him

Comment

Originally posted by canrus123 View Post
            you know what, your right man i really dont want to do it and i am lazy when it comes to school work. ive built this pattern where i dont give a damn and now it go to me. and your right the material isnt hard its all mainly bull. when im paying attension in class im liek, wow thats some easy ****. so yeah thanks for the advise.

Comment

education comes first...for me atleast

im not saying hard work and dedication wont get you anywhere...but strive to be something like a doctor or a lawyer before thinking of becoming a pro boxer

Comment

School should come first trust me. I dropped out of college to spend more time in the gym and I'm regretting it now cos money is harsh..

Comment

sta in skuoll!!!!..............Rockin'

Comment

Exactly, balance your time.

I did both, turned into a good fighter and got accepted to a decent set of universities in September. I'm 18 at the moment. Its possible to do...

Comment

Working...
                    X