History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 24 hours away.

Comment

• Mr Floyd Mayweather Jnr - What a fighter......

Damn near 37 years old, a champion since 1998 and fighting in his 5th weight class against a fellow undefeated champion 13-14 years his junior with size, strength and power advantages over him, And he does That to him!

One for the Ages.

Comment

• i was in vegas for the fight. still in vegas, actually. i think i'm the only person in this city who is awake @ 6:00 AM, rofl.

gonna get to tell my kids i saw floyd mayweather fight live.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this era and I don't think it's barely arguable anymore.

He's one of the very best and most skilled fighters I have ever seen in my whole life.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i was in vegas for the fight. still in vegas, actually. i think i'm the only person in this city who is awake @ 6:00 AM, rofl.

gonna get to tell my kids i saw floyd mayweather fight live.
            U wouldnt have been if u was here in the UK thats what time the fight finished here, i am knackered!

Lucky man, id love to watch him in the flesh

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this era and I don't think it's barely arguable anymore.

He's one of the very best and most skilled fighters I have ever seen in my whole life.
              It's clear to me he is the fighter of the era

I dont even particularly like him, sometimes i hate him in fact! But when he fights i tune in like everybody else and despite having seen the skills time and again they never cease to amaze

Comment

• If the unofficial weights on the night are to be believed then Mayweather dominated a man who was two modern and one old weight class above him. The roughly 15 pounds weight difference is comparable to Sugar Ray Robinson's first two fights with LaMotta and the light heavyweight fight with Joey Maxim.

Comment

• Don't try to convince anyone that Canelo is in the same tier as Jake or Maxim, thats simply not true! We all saw he's a good fighter but against the upper level he's ordinary. LaMotta and Maxim were NOT ordinary!
                  Comparing Mayweather to Sugarman is a joke!!! Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Don't try to convince anyone that Canelo is in the same tier as Jake or Maxim, thats simply not true! We all saw he's a good fighter but against the upper level he's ordinary. LaMotta and Maxim were NOT ordinary!
                    Comparing Mayweather to Robinson is not a joke, they are both the best of their respective eras.

Anyway I said the weight was comparable, not that Canelo was comparable to LaMotta and Maxim. Although I think Canelo might be comparable to Maxim.

My point was not to say that Mayweather is as good as Robinson but to point out that Mayweather has achieved something that is akin to the achievments of fighters from previous eras. Apart from the heavyweight division how often today do you see a champion fight and beat another champion who is 15 pounds heavier than him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Don't try to convince anyone that Canelo is in the same tier as Jake or Maxim, thats simply not true! We all saw he's a good fighter but against the upper level he's ordinary. LaMotta and Maxim were NOT ordinary!
                      He's only lost one fight to the best of this era and that doesn't make him "ordinary".

I could just as easily say that Robinson made Maxim look ordinary before succumbing to the heat.

Comment

Working...
                      X