Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not JMM against Josesito Lopez @ 140lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Listen kid, I too love Marquez, but we have to keep it real. (Well actually we don't), but I will anyway.

Marquez is old, he's 5-6 & he's been hurt by Juan Diaz.

Lopez is 5-10. He's capable of standing up to the Ortiz assault. Make no mistake Ortiz still has top 10 welterweight power every fighter included.

Lopez is too rangy, too young & too hungry for an old Marquez who should not be above 135. It's ok to love & respect Marquez, but he isn't invincible & there are plenty of fighters that beat him, just not Pacman.

this

i'm not sure i dont think marquez can beat this kid, but it would be a very rough fight. a tall guy with good stamina and a chin and heart like lopez would be a long night for marquez. his legs at his age wont get him inside quickly, and lopez will be too long to get countered often. i think lopez would keep him on the end of his punches. marquez would have to fight a perfect fight. he'd need to slip punches, get close enough to land his combinations, and then get out safely so he can rest and control the pace. a bad cut at 38 could end his career. he'd be almost 40 by the time he made his way back into the ring. pacquiao may be retired. where are his other big fights? if he can land the fight he can beat manny pacquiao.
    do you guys understand how much he risks fighting lopez?

"the best should fight the best, bla bla bla, i dont get it."

this is a fight that looks good if you're a fan.. that's why the fans pay money to watch these guys and the promotors get paid to watch them.

fighting lopez right now would be a bad move for marquez and his people. your fights are a finite quantity when you're a 38 year old lightweight. they harder they are, the fewer you can have. you're in this game to make money if you're a promotor OR a fighter.

if you arent fighting a top flight guy for serious money you should be fighting a no hoper

you arent going to make much more money fighting lopez than you are fighting these cabbies. you're risking your multi million dollar payday.
    it's a no brainer. take a tune up.

fighters have always taken tune ups.
    Last edited by New England; 06-27-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      TBH this is how I see it as well..But I don't want to talk ill of Marquez,who imo is a great fighter and a legend...
      Rome & New England, we love the guy, no doubt about it. There is only 1 fight that matters for Marquez. A big, young, strong, prime hungry fighter like Lopez is far from that. But these boxing fans need to understand that Marquez in reality should not be fighting over 135.

Face 1sr brawlers down there hurt him. Big 5-10, rangy fighters like Lopez are detrimental. I agree with New England fight a no hoper until arum is fully ready to cash in on the Pacman name. With Marquez it's the polar opposite of say...........a fighter like ginger. Who gets massive props for being protected from jump. While Marquez labored in the shadows of the great Morrales & Barrera before out doing both against Pacman.

Lopez is too much for a 40 year old Marquez & while I don't like to talk bad bout him, it's the damn truth & I won't sugar coat it just because.

Comment

That is a great fight. It would be a war. I think Marquez would KO him with accurate punches when he rushes in but Lopez has fast hands and power so Marquez needs to be sharp.

Comment

Marquez need not fight anyone anymore, if he cant fight Pac he should retire

right now all he wants is to do is fight tomato cans in preperation for Pac

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
            Marquez need not fight anyone anymore, if he cant fight Pac he should retire

right now all he wants is to do is fight tomato cans in preperation for Pac
            I think a Bradley fight is one he should take..Bradley or Pac or the only two fights for him imo...

Comment

This is an interesting idea, but I think Marquez is ready to retire from boxing and is just looking for one last big payday with Pac. He'll fight a tune up then go after Pac, or maybe even fight Bradley, that would be an interesting fight too, with the winner getting Pac rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                this

i'm not sure i dont think marquez can beat this kid, but it would be a very rough fight. a tall guy with good stamina and a chin and heart like lopez would be a long night for marquez. his legs at his age wont get him inside quickly, and lopez will be too long to get countered often. i think lopez would keep him on the end of his punches. marquez would have to fight a perfect fight. he'd need to slip punches, get close enough to land his combinations, and then get out safely so he can rest and control the pace. a bad cut at 38 could end his career. he'd be almost 40 by the time he made his way back into the ring. pacquiao may be retired. where are his other big fights? if he can land the fight he can beat manny pacquiao.
                do you guys understand how much he risks fighting lopez?

"the best should fight the best, bla bla bla, i dont get it."

this is a fight that looks good if you're a fan.. that's why the fans pay money to watch these guys and the promotors get paid to watch them.

fighting lopez right now would be a bad move for marquez and his people. your fights are a finite quantity when you're a 38 year old lightweight. they harder they are, the fewer you can have. you're in this game to make money if you're a promotor OR a fighter.

if you arent fighting a top flight guy for serious money you should be fighting a no hoper

you arent going to make much more money fighting lopez than you are fighting these cabbies. you're risking your multi million dollar payday.
                it's a no brainer. take a tune up.

fighters have always taken tune ups.
                Great post!

The fight I wanna' see Lopez in is against Rios. That fight would be a potential
                Ward/Gatti, Castillo/Corrales, Barrera/Morales type knock-down drag out that would likely elevate both fighters, imo.

As for JMM: **** the Pacquiao fight. Juan is never gonna' get a fair shake outta' that snake pit. Besides that, in a lot of folks minds (mine included) JMM is up 2 of 3 in the series.

Not really sure who I want to see JMM fight, except to say that if he wants to keep fighting, he should probably go back to 135, clean house and then maybe hang em' up?

For that matter, he could hang em' up right now and I'd be fine w/that too.

Marquez has been in alot of wars now and time is gonna' catch up w/him at some point. I don't wanna' see him go out like RJJ.
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 06-27-2012, 02:46 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                X