Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexis Arguello vs Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexis Arguello vs Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I'm gonna say that Floyd Mayweather outboxes and outfoxes Arguello to a decision.
    Obviously I'm not a ***** (this kind of thing has to be said because people like to discredit floyd mayweather)

but I think Mayweather will be too good for Arguello, even if Arguello has all the power in the world, and is just a very good fighter.

It'll be a good fight for sure

Your thoughts?

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
    I'm gonna say that Floyd Mayweather outboxes and outfoxes Arguello to a decision.
    Obviously I'm not a ***** (this kind of thing has to be said because people like to discredit floyd mayweather)

but I think Mayweather will be too good for Arguello, even if Arguello has all the power in the world, and is just a very good fighter.

It'll be a good fight for sure

Your thoughts?
    "PBF too good for arguello" is quite an overstatement...
    PBF definitely has the style to beat the explosive thin man however... the old boxing adage that style makes fights have never been more true with regards to this fantasy fight...

Comment

Arguello can end a fight with a single right hand.

But, I feel it's a 50/50 fight.

However, I would lean on Mayweather to get the descision.

Comment

At what weight??

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          "PBF too good for arguello" is quite an overstatement..
          Yeah wrong wording. I meant Floyd's defense and versatility would be too much for Arguello.

But it all depends on how Arguello lands on Floyd. because if he lands like Mosley and Judah did then he'll have a huge chance to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            At what weight??
            Super featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
              Super featherweight.

130 i'm taking arguello

140 i'm taking floyd

i'd also say that a good deal would depend on whether or not floyd's style would score with arguello era judging.

arguello wasn't the worlds most active fighter, but he's certainly more offensive than floyd mayweather

Comment

Floyd-Corrales all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Floyd-Corrales all over again.
                  Thats about what I see. A little better fight because Arguello seemed smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    I dont know if you would consider Arguello as top 30, but if you do, I think Mayweather would beat him.

Arguello was a fantastic fighter, offensively one of the best ever, but Mayweather was flat out a terrible style matchup for him, based on Arguello's fights aganst Violmar Fernandez and Ernesto Marcel, who used a lot of defense and potshotting to annoy Arguello. Mayweather has those tools.

Arguello was also rangy and thin, and Mayweather in the past has done very well against those types of opponents. ie Corrales and Genaro Hernandez. no, Arguello is not a Corrales or Hernandez, but I have no doubt that Mayweather would be able to control distance well and decision Arguello in a 117-111 ish type of fight.
                    clear, but competitive, and Floyd would have to be careful all night.

Comment

Working...
                    X