No announcement yet.

Thiago Silva suspended for 1 year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thiago Silva suspended for 1 year

When all was said and done, the NSAC ruling stated that Silva’s license was revoked for one year with a start date of Jan. 1, he was fined 25 percent of his $55,000 purse, fined $20,000 of his $55,000 win bonus, would have to submit a clean drug test before reapplying on or after Jan. 2, 2012, and the result of the fight was changed to a “no contest.”

The total of the fines comes to $33,750, when both the percentage of his fight purse and win bonus are combined.

NSAC executive director Keith Kizer lobbied the commission for a start date of April 7 for the license revocation, which basically would have added three months to the penalty, due to Silva not “coming clean” on the test result until after the second sample was tested. Kizer felt that Silva should have come forth following his original notification of the failed test result on Feb. 7, but instead waited out the B sample testing in hopes of getting off “scott free.”

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...to-no-contest/

I think the punishment is fair, although I'm surprised he gets to keep the win bonus from a fight that's been changed to a no contest.

Comment

I thought I was in love....he was my *****h...

Comment

I feel awful for him... He might need to look for something else to do considering how bad his back has been throughout his career.

Anyone know what the specific injury is?

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          I feel awful for him... He might need to look for something else to do considering how bad his back has been throughout his career.

Anyone know what the specific injury is?
          How can you feel awful for the guy? He cheated and when he tried to lie he was found out. He should have come clean in the first instance.

Comment

He came clean after they said there was a problem with his urine sample.

I feel bad for him because he's a good fighter and he can't conquer a persistent back problem. That's why he had taken steroids, to get his back in fight shape.

Comment

Working...
            X