Lakers interested in Kyle Lowry, Greg Monroe, Trevor Ariza, and Channing Frye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no thanks to Frye...that dude is garbage

Comment

Isaiah Thomas is also an option...He's restricted but I think the Lakers can snag him away from the Kings if they offer him something like a 3 year $24 million contract. Despite his size, I think he'll be a good fit. They should re-sign Jordan Hill or something. I really don't know what they can do at the 5 to be honest. Hill is a good bench player, don't know how good he'll be as a full time starter. Lakers can get a line up of something like

1-Isaiah Thomas/Nash/Marshall?
      2-Kobe Bryant/Nick Young?
      3-Trevor Ariza
      4-Julius Randle/Ryan Kelly
      5-Sacre/Jordan Hill??

I guess they can occasionally play Kobe at the 3 but I really don't want to see Kobe and Nick Young on the floor at the same time. I just can't picture that ending well

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post

Only people that'd want that trade to happen are Bulls fans. Boozer won't do **** to help the Lakers, especially on defense.
        At this point he's an upgrade from Gasol! Boozer can still score 15-20 points with 10 boards and that's even with Taj playing basically the whole 4th quarter. Not to mention he stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          no thanks to Frye...that dude is garbage
          I wouldn't mind him on my Spurs, a stretch PF that spaces the floor with his 3pt shooting, proper spacing is part of what makes the Spurs so good.

A big man that can stretch the floor is valuable, his stats don't truly show the full impact on the game he's having.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            I wouldn't mind him on my Spurs, a stretch PF that spaces the floor with his 3pt shooting, proper spacing is part of what makes the Spurs so good.

A big man that can stretch the floor is valuable, his stats don't truly show the full impact on the game he's having.

on the Spurs, yea...you guys already have a solid foundation in place where you can just pop in positional guys such as Frye...my Lakers are purely rebuilding and a guy like him would just get lost in the shuffle

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
              It was mostly because they gave Artest a five year deal instead.

I completely disagree with most of you. If they could pick up Lowry, Monroe, and Ariza to play alongside a Kobe that's healthy and still Kobe, while bringing back Gasol and making Randle the 6th man while he develops, I think they can make the playoffs.

Hell, if they get Deng instead of Ariza, Boozer instead of Gasol, then add Lowry and Monroe, then they can make the playoffs and make some noise while Randle is your Taj Gibson.

lol that team would be good for 10th place in the west.

maybe 4th in the east.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                The Lakers are done as a top team for a while. I guess the fans are so used to success that they don't see that. Kobe took too much money for them to sign the talent needed to top some of these other teams. The West is simply too stacked.
                Next year they could bring in potentially 2 max FA's

They only have Kobe on contract next and over 30M+ in cap

They could bring in Rondo along with potentially Gasol/Aldridge.

Then after that, Kobe is done when Durant, Beal, Davis are all FAs.

Comment

LA should do this.....

Sign a bunch of 1 yr deals. Maybe overpay for those 1 yr deals, but keep max cap for next year.

Sign Darren Collison 1 yr 4-5M. Accept Kendall Marshall's option for 900k this yr. Re sign Farmar 1 yr around 1M.

Kobe gets 30M this yr. Resign Henry for 1 yr around 1M. Sign Clarkson to a low rookie deal around 500k. Resign Meeks for 2 yr around 3.5-4M a year

Sign Ariza for 1 yr around 8-9M. Sign Bazemore for 1 yr around 3M.

Randle will probably make around 2.5M his first yr. Sign Ryan Kelly 1 yr around 700-800k.

Sign Gortat to 1 yr around 9M. Then you have Sacre making about 1M this year.

Comment

Starting 5.....

Collison
                    Bryant
                    Ariza
                    Randle
                    Gortat

Bench....

Marshall
                    Farmar
                    Meeks
                    Bazemore
                    Kelly
                    Sacre

Keeps max space for 2015 to sign Rondo and maybe M.Gasol, and makes them a bit more respectable next year

Comment

Working...
                    X