No announcement yet.

Ruslan Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Provodnikov

Extremely impressed by his last two outings against Jaregui and Augustus. What's the general mood in here about him?

Yes, he's okay but I don't see any special talent in him. He's not another Kostya Tszyu.

Diciplined, hard-punching, well-schooled but not exceptionally athletic.

He'll likely become a top ten contender but will likely not be a champion when he steps up to the highest level.

Comment

he is trash...so easy to hit any decent boxer will get him to the canvas quick

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
        Yes, he's okay but I don't see any special talent in him. He's not another Kostya Tszyu.

Diciplined, hard-punching, well-schooled but not exceptionally athletic.

He'll likely become a top ten contender but will likely not be a champion when he steps up to the highest level.
        Well, at this moment, I think he would have fits from the 3 fighters holding claim to titles at 140 (I'm not counting Pacquiao's ring belt at 140 anymore... it's ridiculous that ranking is still attached to him when his last two have been at 147, and the two fights he is talking about having next are also at 147) would give him absolute fits.

The athleticism of Bradley, Alexander and Khan would probably be too much for him.

I could see him being a Castillo type of champion though. It depends on how good his will is, because he looks like he has ring smarts, or maybe just sheer physicality to get people on the ropes and go to town on them.

Comment

He's a hard puncher and will be in exciting fights but he needs to work on his defense, he gets hit way too much and right now he hasn't shown many other dimensions to his game, I'd like to see how he reacts to a guy who will force him to adapt mid-fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            He's a hard puncher and will be in exciting fights but he needs to work on his defense, he gets hit way too much and right now he hasn't shown many other dimensions to his game, I'd like to see how he reacts to a guy who will force him to adapt mid-fight.
            It depends on how he has to adapt I think. Someone like Bradley or Alexander will be something he won't be able to adapt to... he will just be outgunned and outclassed most likely.

Someone who is landing one particular shot (like a right hand or a left hook) through a counter consistently would be interesting to watch. He hasn't show the ability to adapt, and hasn't really needed to either. He certainly can play the game of give and take with the people he has fought so far, because he has a lot of power, and is extremely accurate for someone so young. That's the biggest thing I'm impressed with.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
              It depends on how he has to adapt I think. Someone like Bradley or Alexander will be something he won't be able to adapt to... he will just be outgunned and outclassed most likely.

Someone who is landing one particular shot (like a right hand or a left hook) through a counter consistently would be interesting to watch. He hasn't show the ability to adapt, and hasn't really needed to either. He certainly can play the game of give and take with the people he has fought so far, because he has a lot of power, and is extremely accurate for someone so young. That's the biggest thing I'm impressed with.
              He can be accurate against faded guys like Jauregui and Augustus but we'll see just how accurate he is against guys who can react better to incoming punches. The guy doesn't strike me as anything too special to be honest, so far I just think of him as a limited guy who can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                He can be accurate against faded guys like Jauregui and Augustus but we'll see just how accurate he is against guys who can react better to incoming punches. The guy doesn't strike me as anything too special to be honest, so far I just think of him as a limited guy who can punch.
                It could be... I think he looks pretty quick on his feet, so he may have the talent of cutting off the ring, which would help him immensely.

By the way, Augustus looked pretty good offensively. I can't remember what his defense was like back in the day, but he looked pretty proficient at getting his offense off to my eyes.q

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  It could be... I think he looks pretty quick on his feet, so he may have the talent of cutting off the ring, which would help him immensely.

By the way, Augustus looked pretty good offensively. I can't remember what his defense was like back in the day, but he looked pretty proficient at getting his offense off to my eyes.q
                  Augustus used to roll and slip shots pretty well at his best, his awkwardness allowed him to get away from punches too but his defense wasn't really that great when he was at his best, he got hit quite a bit back then too.

Comment

Working...
                  X