Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
    I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
    I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
    Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?

Yes you are the only one.

End of thread.

Comment

Paulie Malaggnagi agrees with you.

But no, it was a clear win for Trout imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
        Yes you are the only one.

End of thread.
        lol. I love those "end of thread" comments. stupid as hell.
        The Showtime commentary saw it exactly as I saw. they had it pretty much a draw after the 10th round. I can see a draw after 12 or a close Trout win. but if you wanna see Cotto lose, you just run with what the ridiculous official scorecards say. no way did Trout clearly beat Cotto.
        if anything it felt like a draw, but I dont care anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          lol. I love those "end of thread" comments. stupid as hell.
          The Showtime commentary saw it exactly as I saw. they had it pretty much a draw after the 10th round. I can see a draw after 12 or a close Trout win. but if you wanna see Cotto lose, you just run with what the ridiculous official scorecards say. no way did Trout clearly beat Cotto.
          if anything it felt like a draw, but I dont care anyways.
          If they had it a draw after 10 then it's a small margin Trout win because he owned the last 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            If they had it a draw after 10 then it's a small margin Trout win because he owned the last 2 rounds.
            one showtime commentator had it 115:113, while Malignaggi had it a draw.
            Last edited by Salardo; 12-02-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I just scored the last 2 rounds again and I thought Trout won them. But that doesnt change the fact that overall I felt it was pretty much a draw. and again: I got no problem with a very close Trout win, but those wide scorecards are a joke.
              but I agree it would have been wrong to give Cotto the title cause he didn't do enough to take the title from Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                I just scored the last 2 rounds again and I thought Trout won them. But that doesnt change the fact that overall I felt it was pretty much a draw. and again: I got no problem with a very close Trout win, but those wide scorecards are a joke.
                but I agree it would have been wrong to give Cotto the title cause he didn't do enough to take the title from Trout
                I agree that they were wide and 119 was a damn joke.
                Was just saying if the commentators had it tied on their unofficial, the last 2 rounds locked it to a small margin victory

Comment

I had it either 7-5 or 7-4-1 even for trout, which would be 115-113 or 116-113

those official cards were pretty ridiculous, at least the 119-109 card, what the ****? lol

Comment

The guys keeping score on Showtime suck at scoring fights lol. Harold Lederman was have been like, "I have the fight 117 - 111... JIM!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X