No announcement yet.

Who's more skilled: part 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's more skilled: part 2

Welcome to part 2 of who's more skilled between contenders from other era's and today's top contender's. In the last installment not a single poster who voted for today's fighter could give a reason as to why he thought like he did. Let's hope we can get some better responses in this thread. Voting in this one should be much closer than the last since these two are pretty evenly matched in my opinion.

We'll be pitting the skills of Jerry Quarry against those of top heavyweight today Tomasz Ademek. Who in your opinion is more skilled and why? Don't be shy, state your reasons!

Ademek
    40.00%
    Quarry
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by JAB5239; 10-19-2011, 03:29 AM.

Adamek. . . Fleeter of hand and foot. Quarry has NO WHEELS on him whatsoever - he's a plodder, a TREE! Better and more fluid combinations; better counter-punching; better stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      Adamek. . . Fleeter of hand and foot. Quarry has NO WHEELS on him whatsoever - he's a plodder, a TREE! Better and more fluid combinations; better counter-punching; better stamina.

I agree he's fleeter of foot, but I don't see him as a better combination puncher and I don't think we can say he has better stamina at this point of his heavyweight career. Take into consideration who each is fighting in these video's too. This is a close one though and I really wouldn't argue to hard with anyone picking Ademek.

Comment

Lol, at Tunney (Smartmoney) just voting for todays fighters without giving any reasons! Come on man, break it down for us and tell WHY you pick Ademek.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I agree he's fleeter of foot, but I don't see him as a better combination puncher and I don't think we can say he has better stamina at this point of his heavyweight career. Take into consideration who each is fighting in these video's too. This is a close one though and I really wouldn't argue to hard with anyone picking Ademek.
          Adamek really showed his tank in the Arreola fight. A powerful man who kept him moving non stop. He had perpetual movement in that fight and didn't tire - So I definitely agree with anyone who thinks his tank is better.

Comment

Adamek is quicker and more fluent on his feet. His handspeed is also quicker and i believe his head movement is slightly better.

Quarry is the better inside fighter, better body puncher and better combination puncher overall.

Adamek appears better defensively because of his movement but Quarry fought that fight on the inside which left him more open for punches. If Adamek was to fight on the inside, he would get tagged also.

I give the edge to Quarry. Not enough fighters today know how to get inside and do damage.

Comment

Im not tunney lol. I was posting here before he got banned.

Main reason I post here is because I gamble on boxing so I like to hear predictions from other people

Comment

can;t wait for part three! hopefully it involves george foreman vs. vitali klitschko

or a sonny liston vs. wladimir klitschko. . . alexander povetkin vs. jack johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
                  Adamek is quicker and more fluent on his feet. His handspeed is also quicker and i believe his head movement is slightly better.

Quarry is the better inside fighter, better body puncher and better combination puncher overall.

Adamek appears better defensively because of his movement but Quarry fought that fight on the inside which left him more open for punches. If Adamek was to fight on the inside, he would get tagged also.

I give the edge to Quarry. Not enough fighters today know how to get inside and do damage.
                  You're an excellent poster with great break downs and analogies.

Comment

Working...
                  X