No announcement yet.

Joshua-Pulev negations will mirror Canelo-Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    I don't know where people get these crazy numbers from. Joshua's purse for the Ruiz rematch wasn't $80 million.

Other than that, the thread raises an interesting point. With Pulev entitled to 35% in a purse bid, how much will Hearn have to pay him to avoid a purse bid?

If Joshua vacates, Pulev fights Kownacki for the vacant title. How much would Pulev really make in that fight? Maybe a few million? So if Hearn offers $10 million for Pulev, will he really turn that down to go make a few million elsewhere? I guess we'll see. But yes there's no way this goes to purse bid. Joshua would vacate before giving Pulev 35%.

I actually don't think Joshua would vacate the IBF belt...because with boxing politics (Top Rank, PBC), he'll never see it again. He'll fight Pulev either by overpaying him or going to purse bid.

He has a better chance of getting the WBO belt back if he is stripped because the next two contenders are both with Matchroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      I actually don't think Joshua would vacate the IBF belt...because with boxing politics (Top Rank, PBC), he'll never see it again. He'll fight Pulev either by overpaying him or going to purse bid.

He has a better chance of getting the WBO belt back if he is stripped because the next two contenders are both with Matchroom.
      I think he'd vacate rather than give 35%, but I also think he'd over pay to keep the belt. Just not overpay to that extent. I think $10 million is about the ceiling Pulev could possibly hope for.

We did see with Canelo's mandatory that they were willing to take a lot less than they'd make in a purse bid, but they still wanted a high figure. I see this going down the same way. Joshua cares more about belts than Canelo does, so Joshua will bend in ways Canelo wouldn't. I hope to see the titles remain unified here. I also think Arum will be reasonable as there's no guarantee Pulev would beat Kownacki. Better to take 10 against Joshua than 2-3 against Kownacki.

Comment

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxer-ruiz-66m/

To be fair, Ruiz made more than I thought.

I don't know where people get these crazy numbers from. Joshua's purse for the Ruiz rematch wasn't $80 million.

Other than that, the thread raises an interesting point. With Pulev entitled to 35% in a purse bid, how much will Hearn have to pay him to avoid a purse bid?

If Joshua vacates, Pulev fights Kownacki for the vacant title. How much would Pulev really make in that fight? Maybe a few million? So if Hearn offers $10 million for Pulev, will he really turn that down to go make a few million elsewhere? I guess we'll see. But yes there's no way this goes to purse bid. Joshua would vacate before giving Pulev 35%.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxer-ruiz-66m/

To be fair, Ruiz made more than I thought.
          the sun is not a reliable source. most reliable sources had a 60 million pot, 10 for ruiz and 50 for joshua. some claimer 46 million pounds for joshua, so approximately 60 million dollars.

no matter how you slice it, i don't see how you get to 80 million.

Comment

When Joshua vs Pulev was made the first time wasn’t he the IBF mandatory?

Comment

I got it from that source. If that source isn’t trustworthy to you, then it isn’t trustworthy to you.

the sun is not a reliable source. most reliable sources had a 60 million pot, 10 for ruiz and 50 for joshua. some claimer 46 million pounds for joshua, so approximately 60 million dollars.

no matter how you slice it, i don't see how you get to 80 million.

Comment

Yes but at the time joshua was making half or a third of what he made for the Ruiz rematch.

Originally posted by mxtali View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                  They'll overpay or it goes to purse bid. If Pulev refuses the purse bid split after the bidding, the IBF will move on to the next available contender.

He'll take the money, Arum is already saying that Pulev will have to fight in England for the most money.
                  Not how it works. Pulev already won the final eliminator. He's not #1 contender, he's MANDATORY CHALLENGER.

Joshua would have to drop the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
                    Yes. Pulev got injured in training camp, and Takam was his replacement.

Comment

Pulev would be an idiot not to take career changing money.... he should fight AJ for change (which would elevate his profile) vs fighting for a bigger cut of a small pot against another relative nobody (marketing wise).

I am sure there is a deal already in place, or a template for one.

Easy work for AJ, a good fight all around, and everyone is happy.

Is Pulev represented for Arum? If so, he is not stupid... he will take the AJ payday vs fighting a nobody.

Comment

Working...
                      X