Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Castano Thrilled With Mandatory Ruling For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Castano Thrilled With Mandatory Ruling For WBO Title

As quickly as Patrick Teixeira was named its new junior middleweight champion, the World Boxing Organization (WBO) has already assigned a mandatory challenger. The newly crowned 154-pound titlist from Brazil-who was upgraded from the interim title status he claimed in a 12-round win over Carlos Adames on Nov. 30 in Las Vegas-will be ordered to next face Argentina's Brian Castao (16-0-1, 12KOs), with the two camps to begin negotiations in the coming days.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty tough first defense for Teixeira. Gonna definitely hafta look better than he did against Adames if he wants to get past Castano.

Comment

Let’s not overate Castaño... don’t see how he’s any better than Adames. Time to put some respect behind Teixeira name, dude willed himself to victory against a heavily favored opponent. However, Golden Boy needs to win the purse bid for this fight or could see Patrick getting robbed in a PBC promoted show just ask Korobov

Comment

So the WBO isn’t out to get pbc then

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
          Let’s not overate Castaño... don’t see how he’s any better than Adames. Time to put some respect behind Teixeira name, dude willed himself to victory against a heavily favored opponent. However, Golden Boy needs to win the purse bid for this fight or could see Patrick getting robbed in a PBC promoted show just ask Korobov
          teixeira isn't getting robbed, he is getting beat the fuck up

WAR BRIAN

Comment

I'm with you. Teixeira impressed me. I admit I allowed some of his pedestrian performances and his wipeout loss to Stevens to skew my opinion. Castano will have his hands full with the volume and boxing of the Brazilian. He showed he can crack some too.

Not sure if your reference of Korobov is regarding his fight against Charlo or Aleem but I was at the Aleem fight and felt he deserved that win too.

Comment

This is a completely asinine ruling by the WBO.. Tex should be given one voluntary.. Castano has done absolutely nothing under the WBO to be installed as the mandatory.. comical crap.. Im sure GBP will work something out with WBO to resolve this.

Comment

Castanos not overrated he whooped Lara only to get robbed on the cards. Believe me hes the real deal. He will beat the Brazilian to a pulp and become the new boogeyman of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  So the WBO isn’t out to get pbc then
                  So PBC is willing to make fights with boxers from other promotions and networks, then.

Comment

Castano DESTROYS Him...sorry no disrespect to Teixeira, congrats on his recent win but Castano is very underrated

Comment

Working...
                    X