Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@Certain Posters. Stop hating on Wilder. He's not 'the same type' . Stop it already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Certain Posters. Stop hating on Wilder. He's not 'the same type' . Stop it already

What's up with all this Wilder bashing?

He got a lethal right hand and he is a work in progress. He's only 27 years old, which is the WW equalivant of 22-23. He will step up in 2013.

Right now all we saying is he got a monster right hand and loads of potential. This current heavyweight era is full of weak chin fighters (even the champ is weak chin), all you really need is 'solid' boxing skills and a monster right hand. This isn't the 140 division or the 168 or the 154. The HW division IS NOT DEEP. Wilder have a serious shot.

I am beginning to suspect a lot of the hate against Wilder come from the same people who dislike Broner/Floyd etc... but the thing is he's not like them in terms of personality.

1- He never once brag about anything like he's gonna KO Wlad right now or he's the best etc etc.
    2- He have a accent that is hard to understand at times, but he's not 'ghetto trash' and he doesn't act that way.

3- He have shown no disrespect to anyone and is overall a likable non ****y guy.

So stop the hate, at least wait till he gives you a reason to hate on him.

I hope it's not true, but I think some of the hate comes from certain issues with the way he looks.

I just have to get it out.

I think some of the dislike towards Wilder immediately stem from the way he looks. The way he looks you immediately assoicate him with say a Broner type personality, but he's not like that at all. He's just a more talkable more hyper version of a Chad Dawson.

Comment

Foreigners have been getting use to a bunch of weak American HW's. They will down play any prospect as much as possible. That's all Wilder is, a prospect. So to be getting that much hate, a guy who started boxing at age 20. Shows how much potential he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
        I hope it's not true, but I think some of the hate comes from certain issues with the way he looks.
        Race and nationality plays a big part whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Hating is a good thing, IMO. Trash talking from internet guys will make it that much more exciting if he ever wins a big fight against Fury, Price, or whoever. Its just one of those things you have to sit back and take until the right time comes and see if he can deliver the incredible win. Same goes for Fury and Price fans. Their fighters are also hated on and they have a good chance of feeling that same satisfaction if their fighters win a huge fight a lot of people doubted they could. The internet and all this shhhiit talking really makes these fights more interesting, IMO.

Comment

Wilder had words of praise and respect for Wladimir Klitschko after working as his sparring partner (before Wlad's fight with Mariusz Wach).

And Wlad said Deontay was the strongest sparring partner he's ever had and will become heavyweight champion someday.

Comment

Glad he took a step up, a 27 year old HW has plenty of time to develop let see what he can do in the future.

Comment

He has potential but man he is crude as hell, sloppy boxing skills no sense of what he needs to do in the ring. He needs a world class trainer like Virgil hunter ,he would be a perfect match before its to late.

Comment

He's a bum.

The minute he steps up he's getting done.

Comment

I tried to buy the hype and found him to be bankrupt in terms of talent. He reminds me of these guys at the gym who are told they'll do great because they're athletic. You pull a little technique on them and they're lost. Guys like this can get by as long as they are given opponents that they can overpower. He makes Chavez Jr look graceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Glad he took a step up, a 27 year old HW has plenty of time to develop let see what he can do in the future.
                    When did he take a step up?

Comment

Working...
                    X