No announcement yet.

Penn exposes Dana in new book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn exposes Dana in new book...

"K-1 was offering me $187,500 per fight - five times what the UFC was offering - and I was still willing to stay with them for one-third of that amount. This was when the relationship took a turn for the worse, and my view of White changed drastically. From that point on, I knew when it came to money, we couldn't trust him to treat us right. Did I like him at the dinner table? Sure. But at the negotiating table? Not at all. The pressure to perform and safeguard other people's money had changed him, even though he was constantly bragging to anyone willing to listen about how 'big this thing was going to be.' Things between us would never be the same.

When it was finally official I was going to fight in Japan, White called me up and told me his true feelings. 'You mother****er! You're ****ing done! You'll never fight in the UFC again! You're finished. You're scorched earth, mother****er. Scorched earth. Don't call me crying saying you want to come back because you're ****ing done!' And on and on and on, like a true professional - even going so far as to tell me I would never see my face again in a UFC video, promotion, or anything else. He also planned on removing my fight with Hughes from the UFC 46 DVD so no one would even know who I was. 'It doesn't have to be this way,' I told him. 'You know it wouldn't take that much to make this work.' But he just kept yelling."
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/20...-penn-tells-an

What I've been saying all along, when Dana doesn't get his way he's a ****ing crybaby *****...

Comment

Indeed White is a *****... His decisions is what is really holding the sport back. The fights we see are only the fights HE wants to see. All this talk from him about this is what the fans want is BS.

Some times I wish MMA was negotiated like boxing where fighters got to choose who they wanted to fight, I think that would make it more interesting. Instead we have a POS say how he thinks the fight should go and if he isn't happy with it he puts his fighters down and devalues them.

Comment

Originally posted by i3raintwo View Post
        Indeed White is a *****... His decisions is what is really holding the sport back. The fights we see are only the fights HE wants to see. All this talk from him about this is what the fans want is BS.

Some times I wish MMA was negotiated like boxing where fighters got to choose who they wanted to fight, I think that would make it more interesting. Instead we have a POS say how he thinks the fight should go and if he isn't happy with it he puts his fighters down and devalues them.
        Man I'm with you but it's a double edged sword. On one hand anybody could fight anybody. UFC fighters could fight Strikeforce fighters and so on. The problem is since they have a choice of fighting whoever they want, it leaves opportunities to duck.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but that made me LOL. gotta luv dana.

Comment

LOL, but Penn is exactly the same when he loses, not cursing out people but with his long lists of excuses

Comment

I thought Penn was pretty humble after the Edgar fight for a change, Dana on the other hand is still a douchebag....

Comment

How can anyone like this dude?

Comment

Originally posted by i3raintwo View Post
                  Some times I wish MMA was negotiated like boxing where fighters got to choose who they wanted to fight
                  **** that ****.

Also that excerpt from the books seems highly fabricated, not only that but Penn was more in the wrong than Dana was.

Dana gave Penn a free shot at the title without doing **** to earn it, then Penn ups and leaves the promotion and sues Zuffa? Penn really didn't have too much to gripe about being he came from wealth anyway and he was parading around with the UFC title when he didn't even earn a shot.

Penn is an ungrateful prick, or at least he was. He's changed a lot since then, but how anyone can simply say "**** Dana" while turning a blind eye to Penn's equal immaturity and irresponsibility is amazing.
                  Last edited by TheNegation; 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

+1 to Penn

Comment

Working...
                    X