No announcement yet.

Handspeed Tip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handspeed Tip

Be infront of a mirror, Jab at your head's refection, then with the same hand hook at your head's refection(don't hit the mirror!) Keep doing that pattern till you could barly move your arm.

What about the other punches? Only a jab and a hook won't make you win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eken
      What about the other punches? Only a jab and a hook won't make you win fights.

Jab is the most important punch your arsenal, it keeps your opponent away and sets the tone as well as follows up with the hard punches. A fast jab could be the key to your victory.

Comment

for real, look at tommy hearns jab, that thing was like lighting. he had super long arms though but you see what im saying

Comment

You can win fights with just one punch...

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
            Yea if your Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
              I completely agree, Oscar DeLaHoya didnt really develop his right hand until his fight with arturo Gatti and as we all know he won a lot of matches before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
                for real, look at tommy hearns jab, that thing was like lighting. he had super long arms though but you see what im saying
                i agree with you bro, it's more than just his long arms that won fights for him, it's his tremendous handspeed. did they call his jabs "flicker jabs"?

Comment

speed bag jabbing

Why not just jab at the speed bag and use one rebound instead of three. You could do the same thing with a double end bag or cobra bag.

Comment

I know the jab is very important . If you can follow up with a flurry of fast (and powerful)punches after you've hit your opponent with the jab it may result in a KO. I don't know about you guys but I'd rather end the fight with a knockout than going to the judges scorecards.
                    Last edited by Eken; 02-19-2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X