Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crolla Doubts Khan Ever Fights Brook - But Sees Other Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crolla Doubts Khan Ever Fights Brook - But Sees Other Options

ANTHONY CROLLA does not believe Amir Khan will ever share the ring with arch-rival Kell Brook, as speculation continues over the Bolton's brawler's next fight. Khan and Brook looked destined to do battle on more than one occasion over the course of their careers and fans have repeatedly campaigned to see the all-Brit welterweight showdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Careful little man. Best hold your tongue before Amir Khan evicts you and your entire stable from his gym. You and the rest of the Gallagher fighters are only his tenants after all.

Guessing your book sales aren't doing too well then?

Comment

fights never going to happen, or years too late - I've already lost interest in it

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
        fights never going to happen, or years too late - I've already lost interest in it
        The real question is...are you interested in the book Million Dollar Crolla? That's what he's selling here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
          The real question is...are you interested in the book Million Dollar Crolla? That's what he's selling here.
          absolutley zero chance I am

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            absolutley zero chance I am
            You sure? It details the time when Crolla had a burglar smash his skull in with a hammer. Worth a read on a toilet break.

Comment

Outside the casual / bigoted boxing fans here in the UK, I'd like to think Americans respect Khan's career given their understanding of the sport. Here's a man that won the Olympic Silver medal aged 17, became world champion at 22 and then would go onto beat the best ranked fighters in Ring Magazine's ratings at 140lb before falling short at winning the lineal title when he was defeated by Garcia. However, Khan is rarely in a dull fight and has fought roughly 10-15 world champions, that was roughly the number of world champions from Britain more recently; the point is, he has never shy'd from testing himself against the best and has always displayed a lot of character to bounce back from devastating KO defeats and he always shows a lot of heart when he fights, I've never seen him quit and he always gets back up.

His resume includes wins over Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Marcos Maidana, Zab Judah, (controversial loss to Lamont Peterson he should have got the decision there), Diaz, Collazo, Alexander and Algieri. It just goes to show he had the desire to establish his world championship status. Am sure most would have had him as the favourite to beat Garcia, he had a terrible camp in the lead up to that fight, Alex Ariza who was instrumental in his career had been fired, there was in-fighting amongst his team and Roach was barely there; in fact there is footage prior to that fight of him getting involved in reckless sparring session just days before his fight. Then during the fight itself he performed like a moron, overly aggressive not helped by the best camp and had also allowed angel garcia to get in his head. Having said that I felt the stoppage was a little premature but Garcia deserved to win, but lets be honest; Amir should have won that fight but we need to put things into perspective with regards to what contributed to his defeat.

Further, his second high profile loss to Canelo (don't really bring up the Prescott one because he bounced back from that fight and proved himself to be a world class fighter) was simply because he was outweighted heavily by a guy who was physically stronger; despite that Khan was causing him problems for as long as he lasted but its silly ridiculing him for that defeat.

On the other hand, Kell Brook has fought bum after bum, was lucky to get a decision in America against Porter, then he desperately tried to avoid facing his mandatory's by facing the likes of Gavin and No No Dan as a World Champion! before being forced into a corner by Spence, so in his first real test as World Champ, what does he do? he quits in front of his home fans. I find it shocking that Amir is mentioned in the same sentence as Kell, he has had a superior career and was respectable champion; also why would people be so interested in a fight when there is such a big gulf in class? Amir is a World Class fighter who proved that, Kell is something between the domestic and world level. Furthermore, Kell has always fought at the welterweight limit while Khan made his debut as a lightweight; it just goes to show how the match up just doesn't make a lot of sense and even more so given that Kell has moved up to 154lb.

The way I read into things, Khan forged a respectable career and made his money's, by no means perfect and should have achieved more but you got to respect him, it takes incredible mental and physical strength to get to the Olympic stage let alone win a medal at 17 by beating up grown men, then winning the world title, getting some great away wins and proving yourself to be a worthy holder of a belt, it takes a lot to win a domestic championship let alone a world championship, many these days have life/death getting to that status and often their reign is short lived but Khan defended his belts against reputable opponents. And now, his career has come towards its tail end; things have not been perfect in his life, he had made some poor decisions but he hopes to fight in 2018 in an attempt to end things on a high, Kell on the other hand is just looking to cash out in career that has been mostly underwhelming, this is why he keeps mentioning Khan who is past his prime and a lot smaller then him, he knows he has a good chance to beat him and make a lot of money, he has no interest in facing the elite at 147 and his promoter has already called out a 154 champion who is in fact a welterweight in the form of Sadam Ali, no disrespect to him but just emphasising the mindset of matchroom and especially Kell Brook; beyond me how overly he is rated in the UK.
              Last edited by Shaz619; 12-07-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Hit the nail on the head... awesome post

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz619 View Post
                  Outside the casual / bigoted boxing fans here in the UK, I'd like to think Americans respect Khan's career given their understanding of the sport. Here's a man that won the Olympic Silver medal aged 17, became world champion at 22 and then would go onto beat the best ranked fighters in Ring Magazine's ratings at 140lb before falling short at winning the lineal title when he was defeated by Garcia. However, Khan is rarely in a dull fight and has fought roughly 10-15 world champions, that was roughly the number of world champions from Britain more recently; the point is, he has never shy'd from testing himself against the best and has always displayed a lot of character to bounce back from devastating KO defeats and he always shows a lot of heart when he fights, I've never seen him quit and he always gets back up.

His resume includes wins over Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Marcos Maidana, Zab Judah, (controversial loss to Lamont Peterson he should have got the decision there), Diaz, Collazo, Alexander and Algieri. It just goes to show he had the desire to establish his world championship status. Am sure most would have had him as the favourite to beat Garcia, he had a terrible camp in the lead up to that fight, Alex Ariza who was instrumental in his career had been fired, there was in-fighting amongst his team and Roach was barely there; in fact there is footage prior to that fight of him getting involved in reckless sparring session just days before his fight. Then during the fight itself he performed like a moron, overly aggressive not helped by the best camp and had also allowed angel garcia to get in his head. Having said that I felt the stoppage was a little premature but Garcia deserved to win, but lets be honest; Amir should have won that fight but we need to put things into perspective with regards to what contributed to his defeat.

Further, his second high profile loss to Canelo (don't really bring up the Prescott one because he bounced back from that fight and proved himself to be a world class fighter) was simply because he was outweighted heavily by a guy who was physically stronger; despite that Khan was causing him problems for as long as he lasted but its silly ridiculing him for that defeat.

On the other hand, Kell Brook has fought bum after bum, was lucky to get a decision in America against Porter, then he desperately tried to avoid facing his mandatory's by facing the likes of Gavin and No No Dan as a World Champion! before being forced into a corner by Spence, so in his first real test as World Champ, what does he do? he quits in front of his home fans. I find it shocking that Amir is mentioned in the same sentence as Kell, he has had a superior career and was respectable champion; also why would people be so interested in a fight when there is such a big gulf in class? Amir is a World Class fighter who proved that, Kell is something between the domestic and world level. Furthermore, Kell has always fought at the welterweight limit while Khan made his debut as a lightweight; it just goes to show how the match up just doesn't make a lot of sense and even more so given that Kell has moved up to 154lb.

The way I read into things, Khan forged a respectable career and made his money's, by no means perfect and should have achieved more but you got to respect him, it takes incredible mental and physical strength to get to the Olympic stage let alone win a medal at 17 by beating up grown men, then winning the world title, getting some great away wins and proving yourself to be a worthy holder of a belt, it takes a lot to win a domestic championship let alone a world championship, many these days have life/death getting to that status and often their reign is short lived but Khan defended his belts against reputable opponents. And now, his career has come towards its tail end; things have not been perfect in his life, he had made some poor decisions but he hopes to fight in 2018 in an attempt to end things on a high, Kell on the other hand is just looking to cash out in career that has been mostly underwhelming, this is why he keeps mentioning Khan who is past his prime and a lot smaller then him, he knows he has a good chance to beat him and make a lot of money, he has no interest in facing the elite at 147 and his promoter has already called out a 154 champion who is in fact a welterweight in the form of Sadam Ali, no disrespect to him but just emphasising the mindset of matchroom and especially Kell Brook; beyond me how overly he is rated in the UK.

Quite day at the taxi rank ?

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post

Quite day at the taxi rank ?
                    Really no need for that racism pal.

Comment

Working...
                    X