Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pound for pound: Is the ward v kovalev fight being overrated a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly if you can have Golovkin in the top 3 with his resume then how can you argue that the Kovalev vs Ward winner shouldn't be number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      im not degrading ward. What im saying is have them two done much more than lomachenko and walters in past few years? Im looking forward to both fights, probably loma/walters more so, jsut dont understand why one is made out to be a super blockbuster fight and the other one isnt?
      My take is that......Ward vs Kovalev winner is Pound for Pound number 2 and has to beat Shabransky for number 1, and Lomachenko vs Walters winner is for Pound for pound number 4 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        if ward wins hes got one good win in five years, thats the reality of it. How is that so much better than loma beating russell and walters. or walters beating donaire/loma? amongst other fringe world level fighters
        Walters win over Donaire was 2 years ago and he hasnt fought in a year if you want to play that game...Ward has put in his work and is proven..why you keep trying to deny that is down right stupid

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          Honestly if you can have Golovkin in the top 3 with his resume then how can you argue that the Kovalev vs Ward winner shouldn't be number 1.
          I have no idea how this guy posts the **** he does,,it is like he is trying to make GGG fans look stupid

Comment

Kovalev is my number 2 best guy pound for pound. Ward is down to about number 7 for me because he has not fought a top 10 guy in many years. I can't rate him in the top 3 based on what he did 5 to 7 years ago. Pound for pound is how good a boxer is right now not years ago. If the winner of this fight looks great then I could see a case for him being pound for pound the best. Kovalev is already number 2 for me so any win would keep him at 2 and an impressive win moves him to number 1. Ward could be number 1 with an impressive win but not with a mediocre win. Meanwhile if GGG KOs the extremely dangerous Jacobs in good style he will remain my number 1 pound for pound fighter regardless of how the Ward vs Kovalev fight goes.

Comment

Worst.Fanboys.Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Worst.Fanboys.Ever.
                tell me about it, the guys done nothing in 5 years and people seem to think he has some entitlement to p4p throne once he beats an elite opponent. As if theres no other boxers presently who have beaten elite opponents this year

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Kovalev is my number 2 best guy pound for pound. Ward is down to about number 7 for me because he has not fought a top 10 guy in many years. I can't rate him in the top 3 based on what he did 5 to 7 years ago. Pound for pound is how good a boxer is right now not years ago. If the winner of this fight looks great then I could see a case for him being pound for pound the best. Kovalev is already number 2 for me so any win would keep him at 2 and an impressive win moves him to number 1. Ward could be number 1 with an impressive win but not with a mediocre win. Meanwhile if GGG KOs the extremely dangerous Jacobs in good style he will remain my number 1 pound for pound fighter regardless of how the Ward vs Kovalev fight goes.
                  yep, ggg v jacobs is number 1 v number 2 at middleweight but noones demanding that the winner of thats got to be p4p number 1. Ward v kovalev is number 1 v number 2 and everyones saying they are automatically p4p number 1

Comment

A fight like this between to top fighters is an absolute anomaly these days.

I can't wait and I know full well that Ward is more than capable of stopping a fight from breaking out.

Comment

f#ck no.

these guys are in their primes.

Comment

Working...
                      X