No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: My Win More Impressive Than Kovalev KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope
    You beat a guy coming off a stoppage loss who messed with his body by trying to cut weight in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, Chad was damaged goods going into the Stevenson fight. Add all the trainer switches and you had a disaster waiting to happen. Kovalev obliterated a guy who had never even been dropped before and who was thought to have an iron jaw. I find that more impressive personally. And I think Sergey KOs thus scumbag whenever they fight each other

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Nobody is saying it wasn't Stevenson. Is he insecure or something?
      This is good. maybe it will make him hungry to battle Kovalev.
      No doubt KO'ing one of the best lhw in under a round is better than beating around nathan cleverly lol.

That fight would be very entertaining.

Comment

Except Ward had already beaten the crap out of bad glass jawson in his previous fight.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 08-21-2013, 02:11 AM.

Comment

People must understand the ex-pimp: Adonis also needs some hype for his Trout fight on Sep. 28.

Comment

Surprised no-one has said this: Adonis threw one big punch. That's all it took. But this is like winning a lottery. We have no idea how the fight would have gone if not for that punch.

Kovalev broke Cleverly down.

I am confident that Kovalev stops Cleverly 10 times out of 10. Would you put your money on Stevenson beating Dawson 10 times out of 10?

Comment

I dunno it was more impressive personally
              What woulda happened if chad had not been caught by that shot, would it have happened on the next shot, a minute later, next round, within 4? Etc etc
              Would chad have started to land?
              Maybe maybe not

On the other and I saw kovalev give cleverly a workin for 2 1/2 rounds then a battering for another, whilst not taking anything in reply. Destroyed the kid and that was on the cards from the first bell.

The Dawson ko was exciting and impressive but is not a guarantee of much else.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Well yeah? You knocked out the defending LHW champ in 76 seconds.
                //end thread

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
                  Surprised no-one has said this: Adonis threw one big punch. That's all it took. But this is like winning a lottery. We have no idea how the fight would have gone if not for that punch.

Kovalev broke Cleverly down.

I am confident that Kovalev stops Cleverly 10 times out of 10. Would you put your money on Stevenson beating Dawson 10 times out of 10?
                  Yes. but that's really besides the point. Beating the legitimate LHW champion in 76 seconds is more impressive than beating a fringe title holder in 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Yes. but that's really besides the point. Beating the legitimate LHW champion in 76 seconds is more impressive than beating a fringe title holder in 4 rounds.
                    unless that champion is coming off getting dominated and quitting in the previous fight he drained himself for. but still stevenson KO was stylish and more exciting. those KO's are always more fun than the beatdown TKO type of stoppage. Both are great but Adonis has the edge there. He needs to man up and fight Kovalev then they can see which KO style truly carries more force. that fight will not go the distance.

Comment

Kovalev destroys this pimp i think Stevenson will have to hit Kovalev with the same punch he knocked out Dawson with to win Darnell boone landed the same punch that ko'd Stevenson on Kovalev in the rematch and he hardly blinked it was a massive shot so kovalev clearly has a better chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X