Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto's mistake he fought 2 slick fighters in a row...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's mistake he fought 2 slick fighters in a row...

what Roach is probably saying is after losing to a slick fighter like Floyd, Cotto should of taken an opponent he could hit, instead of taking on another slick guy right away...

Cotto only wants to fight the best though, and in certain parts of the fight it was almost like he wanted to show that he was slicker than Trout.

So he should fight some come forward brawler with limited skills and pretend to be an ATG?

Comment

I thought Cotto was supposed to be good against slick fighters?

Comment

Cotto should have fought K9 instead if he wanted to pick up an easy belt before taking on Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I thought Cotto was supposed to be good against slick fighters?
          Yea i thought Brawlers were his problem

Comment

Mr Larryx not sure if it pro cotto or against him, he's a great fighter I commend him for not taking the softer touch but it was the wrong move. He's had dome wars and a couple breakdowns no one would blame him for taking a softer touch on a non PvP card.

ruminants you are probably hinting that he shouldn't get credit for Floyd fight, I think he should get full credit its universally agreed he put up the most respectable effort since Oscar.

shoulder roll good point about k9 having a belt going into PvP fight against canelo is obviously important for negotiations and purse and selling point, so k9 would have been perfect option

Comment

he didn't "make a mistake"

he's just not that good, and shouldn't keep on fighting set ups like he has done his whole career in order to fabricate some impression he's an elite fighter.

Comment

Difficult to win, but you likely won't get KOed if you lose.

Roach thinks it's bad decision because he lost but had it been another credible fighter at that weight he may have ended up TKO'ed. Seems like he wanted to try to add a belt before getting to Canelo but also didn't want to take excessive damage on the way. K9 seems like it would be an easy win but that's a physical fight win or lose that a Trout fight isn't. Don't get me wrong, Trout dominated and busted him up but it's not as bad as it could have been against a champion level guy.

If you think he should have just taken on a journeyman that's another point, but he wanted to go for a tough guy. Trout was an OK choice imo despite the loss. At this point in a career, yeah, I put stock into winning/losing, but with someone like Cotto I focus more on how much damage their taking as they wind they're way down, especially going a fight where we most think will end in a KO with Canelo. He'll need every last bit of grit he has left if they still end up making that
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-05-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  So he should fight some come forward brawler with limited skills and pretend to be an ATG?
                  lol

well played, sir. well played.

Comment

At this stage in his career, fighting is nothing more then just a job. He should have fought whoever gave him the most money and that was Pac. Dumb move by Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X