Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) Is Timoth Bradley Ducking Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to understand this sport of boxing is a business. You don't put two fighters who people don't know in a ring for a fight when you can build their careers, resumes, and image. You can make a lot more money later down the road if both guys keep winning.

Would you rather fight for peanuts on HBO or fight for millions on PPV? Ask a person who doesn't watch boxing who Devon and Tim are and I guarantee you the majority of the people don't know who they are. How many times have you seen them in the media, sportcenter, etc?

Why do you think GBP is not putting Khan against Floyd right now? Because they know if he keeps winning they can make a lot more money in the future.

This is not a duck because the promoters and fighters have to do what's best for them and their business. This would be a duck if both guys are household names and people know who they are.
    I posted this yesterday in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
      I posted this yesterday in another thread.
      Whats more bothersome is that Jr WW is probably the strongest division in Boxing; so Alexander and Bradley don't really have to face eachother. Alot of other respectable opponents they can face, so many great matchups that can be made at 140.

Comment

I don't think he is "Ducking", he said "Devon Alexander Will Get His in Due Time", that is not ducking that just means he sees some other fights available before taking on Alexander

Timothy wants some of that Golden Boy Promotions Money, right now a fight with Vic Ortiz, Amir Khan and Maidana would likely be a bigger pay days for Bradley compared to fighting Alexander right now

Comment

Working...
        X