No announcement yet.

both GGG & Canelo proved many folks wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• both GGG & Canelo proved many folks wrong

Before the fight half this place said GGG didn't have a chance and had no talent and would be exposed and badly beaten yet the vast majority of the public think he won and I think even those that think the draw was fair and expected him to get blown out have to admit he's better than they thought.

Canelo also was written off as scared of GGG and would get blown out and that he's a hypejob. I think that needs to be silenced too. He's consistently taken on dangerous fights and proved he belonged in there and did very well. He's improving every fight.

^ Second that. Both proved to be better fighters than their critics gave them credit for respectively. GGG proved he wasn't a one dimensional fighter(Was able to parry and dodge some of Canelo shots) and Canelo proved he had better footwork than most people thought and had an even harder chin than most thought at 160. Credit to both of them!

Comment

I thought the general consensus was that GGG would walk through Canelo and knock his ginger head off? he's never fought a real MW, he's never fought a big puncher before.

Comment

... it was only a sparring on big, big money...

Comment

Actually, the general consensus was that this was close to a 50-50 fight and that anyone who was sure of the outcome was full of it.

And as far as being sure who won Saturday. No problem with a view that GGG won or a view that Canelo won. What is wrong is to say it was clear. There were not 7 clear rounds that you could undoubtedly score for either fighter.

What 7 clear rounds did GGG win? I had him winning 4, 7, 8, and 9 clearly. Some don't even agree with that.

I had Canelo winning 2, 3, and 12 clearly, some also don't even agree with that. I had 1, 5, 6, 10, and 11 as really close rounds, viewing it live and on replay I scored round 1 for GGG and the rest of those close rounds for Canelo.

There was no clear and obvious winner either way people.

Comment

I know the 118-110 has shaded the fight, but props to both guys for putting up a great fight.. among the top 10 FOTY...
            Canelo's Chin & Golovkin's skills stood out..

Comment

Working...
            X