No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog Discusses Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You're forgetting that he injured himself by slipping on some ice. Just like he had an injury when it came time to fight GGG.
    It was a "polite" way of saying no to a fight in Equatorial Guinea, which no champ would ever entertain. He said he was ready for him a few weeks later, probably not in Equatorial Guinea though. What was NDam hurry to sign up for interim if he ended up fighting after Pirog?

Notice that Pirog was back in action in May, as promised. For Golovkin, well he could have passed and kept his belt instead if he had no intention of fighting him. He'd probably not be out of the action for this long if no injury, but who knows. I'm sick of him not fighting too. But the Team NDam scheme was so hilariously devious, I'll call you out on it every time.

Comment

Sounds like a smart dude! Hope to see him back soon!

Comment

Shocked he didn't mention himself for biggest disappointment in 2012. Not like he had a banner year or anything worth mentioning except pulling from fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Cant believe hes still top 5
          Not sure why so many here rag on Pirog....he's CLEARLY a top 5 fighter in the division. The man can fight and you're just joking yourself if you say otherwise..... How many fighters get injured on a daily basis? It's not like he ducked anyone in 2012.....hell he wanted to fight Martinez (and he should fight him) and he signed up to fight GGG....how many of the other MWs have done that? The fact of the matter is he signed to fight one of the most feared boxers in the world and had an unfortunate injury. So he faked his injury? Let me ask you this.........were all of the other 2012 injuries faked as well? Or is it just Pirog ? AND if you don't think he faked his injury, then just lol at your silly post. Can't believe he's top 5? Okay buddy.

Besides, GGG is just about the only fighter who would beat Pirog at 160, IMO....(that included Martinez)

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Or try to go after Quillin and then the winner unifies with Golovkin? 2013 should be a fantastic year for the MW division. It's time to tie up all the loose ends in this lineage.
            Mw has been set up for a "fantastic year" for awhile, but it just doesnt happen. At least we dont have Sturm around anymore so something has to get better. I must say Im not all that thrilled by Quillin, Geale, and Sergio's first choiceof opponents.

Or GGG's.

In short, you're a lot more optimistic than I am. I see more stagnation.

Comment

Cannot wait for Pirog to come back, he needs to pursue all the big fights - he's not getting any younger.

Should look at someone like Barker or Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                Not sure why so many here rag on Pirog....he's CLEARLY a top 5 fighter in the division. The man can fight and you're just joking yourself if you say otherwise..... How many fighters get injured on a daily basis? It's not like he ducked anyone in 2012.....hell he wanted to fight Martinez (and he should fight him) and he signed up to fight GGG....how many of the other MWs have done that? The fact of the matter is he signed to fight one of the most feared boxers in the world and had an unfortunate injury. So he faked his injury? Let me ask you this.........were all of the other 2012 injuries faked as well? Or is it just Pirog ? AND if you don't think he faked his injury, then just lol at your silly post. Can't believe he's top 5? Okay buddy.

Besides, GGG is just about the only fighter who would beat Pirog at 160, IMO....(that included Martinez)
                Sounds like an excellent post and someone who has an idea of boxing!

When watching Pirog at work, one can see quality! He's fighting intelligently and hopefully will be exposed to American fight fans in March again. IN case GGG only needs very few rounds for Rosado, it might be the man from Kazakhstan in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Mw has been set up for a "fantastic year" for awhile, but it just doesnt happen. At least we dont have Sturm around anymore so something has to get better. I must say Im not all that thrilled by Quillin, Geale, and Sergio's first choiceof opponents.

Or GGG's.

In short, you're a lot more optimistic than I am. I see more stagnation.
                  I guess I'm not complaining about GGG/Rosado cuz both are in my top 5 right now. Murray is high in the rankings (exlucding the IBF), so he was gonna wind up fighting against one of the titlists. Martinez is coming off an injury and Murray has no problems traveling, so the fight makes some sense. Quillin is fighting Guerrero, which is a decent opponent and better than Taylor. Geale is just avenging a loss and getting a pay-day while he's at it. This is the make-or-break year for the MW division imho.

Fights I expect to see:
                  -Golovkin vs. Geale or Pirog
                  -Quillin vs. Pirog
                  -Chavez vs. Macklin
                  -Martinez vs. the winner of Chavez/Macklin (hopefully not)

Comment

Anna Dragost said Pirog is a nobody in Russia. That surprised me. I remember people saying he was big in Russia fighting bums for big money.

1:30
                    Last edited by killacash; 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      I guess I'm not complaining about GGG/Rosado cuz both are in my top 5 right now. Murray is high in the rankings (exlucding the IBF), so he was gonna wind up fighting against one of the titlists. Martinez is coming off an injury and Murray has no problems traveling, so the fight makes some sense. Quillin is fighting Guerrero, which is a decent opponent and better than Taylor. Geale is just avenging a loss and getting a pay-day while he's at it. This is the make-or-break year for the MW division imho.

Fights I expect to see:
                      -Golovkin vs. Geale or Pirog
                      -Quillin vs. Pirog
                      -Chavez vs. Macklin
                      -Martinez vs. the winner of Chavez/Macklin (hopefully not)
                      Meh, Guerreo is a decent draw at best. His last fight was Candelo. At worst he's an overhyped fighter who's bestwin is Ishe. I think its a garbage fight.

Geale turned down GGG for Mundine, i dont expect much there. But whatever, i have zero interest in that fight.

Murray's high in the ranking but sergio is ignoring pretty much everyone else at mw.

Comment

Working...
                      X