No announcement yet.

GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

I've said it time and time again. GGG is great coming forward but he cannot fight going backwards at all. Defense is pretty poor as well. Someone who's strong enough to pressure him they can destroy this guy. Too bad the division is just too weak. There's a reason why he has been matched up with smaller guys.

Yeah, he's definitely not comfortable on the back foot and has a leaky defense.

Comment

He was fighting Stevens going backward, he was forcing stevens come to him in the early rounds, and countering him. GGG was using his reach advantage in this fight with his rangey jab.

Comment

I think it's been said for some time now that the only people that beat GGG are fighters bigger than him, and somehow this is seen as a knock on GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
          I've said it time and time again. GGG is great coming forward but he cannot fight going backwards at all. Defense is pretty poor as well. Someone who's strong enough to pressure him they can destroy this guy. Too bad the division is just too weak. There's a reason why he has been matched up with smaller guys.
          Rosado is bigger than Golovkin, Ishida too. He's up against Murray next so that'll be another myth debunked.

It's nothing to do with a weak division, 160 is one of the best but it's international with fighters from every continent, just not stacked with US fighters at the top so doesn't get the mainstream media love like some other divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
            Rosado is bigger than Golovkin, Ishida too. He's up against Murray next so that'll be another myth debunked.

It's nothing to do with a weak division, 160 is one of the best but it's international not just not stacked with US fighters at the top so doesn't get the mainstream media love like some other divisions.
            These guys are hating hard. GGG is not a big 160 pounder, he could actually make 154. Rosado was huge not small at all, people think just cause a fighter comes up in weight they are small, this is the BS lies started by Flowmos to discredit Pacquiao and they are using it on GGG now.

Rosado was bigger than Peter Quillin on fight night, Rosado walks around at well over 180. GGG is no more than 170 pounds walking around he is actually small for 160, Sergio Martinez even weighed in over 180 on one of his 30 day weigh ins so even he is bigger than GGG.

Comment

Push him backwards and smother his power. He likes to throw every shot with bad intentions. He likes to control distance, get leverage and hurt you every time.

With that said, I don't think anybody at 160 beats him right now except for Martinez (depending on where he is at physically right now). He will struggle if and when he decides to move to 168. I think Quillin would be a good fight but we know that's not happening for obvious reasons so why even consider it?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Push him backwards and smother his power. He likes to throw every shot with bad intentions. He likes to control distance, get leverage and hurt you every time.

With that said, I don't think anybody at 160 beats him right now except for Martinez (depending on where he is at physically right now). He will struggle if and when he decides to move to 168. I think Quillin would be a good fight but we know that's not happening for obvious reasons so why even consider it?
                And I know why you'd think SKid Chocolate would be a challenge and it's got nothing to do with his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                  Working off his back foot is GGG's weakness. The problem is capitalizing on it. Secondly his defense is very good. He slips and parries punches very well. He's not as good as Mayweather but that doesn't mean he's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    And I know why you'd think SKid Chocolate would be a challenge and it's got nothing to do with his skills.
                    Here is your response. I'm giving you attention. Now stop quoting me.

Comment

Working...
                    X