No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

The World Boxing Association has granted special permission to super heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko to make a volunarty defense, likely on April 6th, before his mandatory with "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin. Permission is granted under the condition of receiving a signed contract for a fight between Klitschko and Povetkin by the deadline of February 28. If a deal is reached, the battle should be set no later than July 31. If they don't reach a deal, then Klitschko vs. Povetkin will head to a purse bid on March 18.

[Click Here To Read More]

Another voluntary defense...?

Comment

Why do they want to avoid Povetkin so much ? :Facepalm:

It's not like he is a real threat now is it ?

Wlad and Bern Beonte = :Thumbsdown:

Comment

Povetkin has been dreading this day and trying to stall it as long as possible.

Wlad is going to push his **** in unless he somehow manages to avoid his beating by a sly manoeuvre

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post

They dont...he stood them up when he signed to fight Wlad the first time a couple of years ago

Comment

How do you have over 4000 posts yet don't know **** about this for the last 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Ahhhhh, Povetkin ducked Wlad twice and once left Wlad standing there by himself at a presser to announce their fight.

Povetkin is the one who has been doing the avoiding.

Comment

This is good news.

I hope Wlad fights either Adamek or Boytsov on April 6, although it looks like it will be Solis.

No other Ring ranked top ten HWs are available for that date, unless Sauerland is willing to permit Pulev or Helenius to fight Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  This is good news.

I hope Wlad fights either Adamek or Boytsov on April 6, although it looks like it will be Solis.

No other Ring ranked top ten HWs are available for that date, unless Sauerland is willing to permit Pulev or Helenius to fight Wlad.
                  The only name there who currently poses any kind of a threat to Wlad is Pulev, and I doubt we'll see that one yet.

Helenius I used to rate more highly, but I'd need to be convinced because he looked dreadful in his comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    This is good news.

Solis is a good opponent, much better than anybody Wlad fought since Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X