Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is higher on the ATG list: Floyd Mayweather (so far) or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
    Cotto's win last night surpassed anything Floyd has done.

Duran and Cotto both moved up and won a middleweight belt.

Floyd was never brave enough to move up to 160 and fight Martinez.
    bwahahaha. even Floyd beating Cotto himself, huh?

You guys are such idiots and so predictable. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      He must be out of his mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        He must be out of his mind.
        esteban de jesus beat roberto duran in his prime..your the crazy one!

Comment

• Duran is a top 10 ATG. Only Die Hard Floyd Halfwits have Floyd cracking the top 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
            Those who voted for Floyd should actually watch boxing.

They are possibly the least educated boxing fans ever.
            floyd gives anyone in history a tough fight, provided they are about the same size of course which duran is.

i think duran ranks higher than floyd, h2h im not sure who would win although i would favor duran as well. none the less like i said, floyd is right up there with anyone. nobody from 130-147 is going to just handle mayweather and you wouldnt be entirely out of your mind thinking he could beat a fighter even of durans stature.

if anything you are uneducated for failing to see the true greatness of mayweather, obviously duran is truly great in his own right but that what makes it a legit topic.

for the record duran was highly inconsistent above 135 and there are about half a dozen nights were floyd without a shadow of a doubt would have beat him. beating him at his best however is something entirely different.

Comment

• ATG Status will be conferred by the pundits and fans of the future, not by present day fans or critics of an active fighter.

I ain't a Floyd fan, but he's certainly one of, or the, best of his generation. How he'll be viewed in posterity is not for us to decide though (or at least, not unless you hope to be posting/reading meaningless rubbish for another 2 or 3 decades and Ring Virtua(TM) or NSB Neo decide that ATG status can be determined by a fan poll).
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-01-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                floyd gives anyone in history a tough fight, provided they are about the same size of course which duran is.

i think duran ranks higher than floyd, h2h im not sure who would win although i would favor duran as well. none the less like i said, floyd is right up there with anyone. nobody from 130-147 is going to just handle mayweather and you wouldnt be entirely out of your mind thinking he could beat a fighter even of durans stature.

if anything you are uneducated for failing to see the true greatness of mayweather, obviously duran is truly great in his own right but that what makes it a legit topic.

for the record duran was highly inconsistent above 135 and there are about half a dozen nights were floyd without a shadow of a doubt would have beat him. beating him at his best however is something entirely different.
                I'd probably be in this camp of thought. Mayweather would give him trouble but a motivated and well conditioned duran puts pressure on anybody

Comment

• Even with Duran no mas fight Floyd is no where near Duran, may not even good enough to wash Durand underware

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                    Roberto Duran was a naturally smaller man than Floyd Mayweather, yet he became middleweight champion when he defeated Iran Barkley.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:3261

Floyd Mayweather will never win a belt at middleweight because he will never take on an opponent slightly bigger than himself, like Sergio Martinez or Gennady Golovkin. However, Floyd has never had a problem fighting smaller men like Juan Manuel Marquez.

Duran never ducked anybody. His achievements are greater than Floyds. Instead of cherry-picking old faded fighters like Shane Mosley or flawed fighters coming off a loss like Zab Judah, instead of ducking prime lightweights, welterweights and middleweights, Duran was always willing to fight the best boxers in their prime.

Even fighters much bigger than himself like Iran Barkley!
                    Duran would never request a smaller fighter than himself can t wear punchers gloves, he just wouldn't and imagining Duran doing it is laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Duran would never request a smaller fighter than himself can t wear punchers gloves, he just wouldn't and imagining Duran doing it is laughable.
                      That's why Floyd will never be considered a truly "great" fighter.

Unlike Duran, he lacks a warrior's mentality.

Comment

Working...
                      X