No announcement yet.

OFFICIALLY ENDING the "Myth" that Oscar *stopped* throwing the jab vs PBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIALLY ENDING the "Myth" that Oscar *stopped* throwing the jab vs PBF

I find this funny that whenever someone speaks on the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight they always revert back to the token....."Oscar would have won if he kep throwing the jab AFTER the 6th round"..........well boys & girls I am here to end all of that madness and lame message board rhetoric

Surprisingly, Floyd had the edge in jabs landed 69-40, throwing 240 to Oscar’s 246.

Oscar landed just 4 of 77 jabs in rounds 10-12, after landing 31 out of 124 jabs in rounds 6-9.....lol

Lets to the math....124+77= 201.....so after the 6th round...Oscar threw 201 Jabs.....he threw 45 jabs in the first 5 rounds......

So TRUTH BE TOLD Oscar actually threw MORE Jabs after the 6th round than he did before the 6th round....lol...

Thats all folks!
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 01-29-2010, 01:32 AM.

glad you cleared this up i couldn't sleep for 2 1/2 years because of this

Comment

Originally posted by adobostreak View Post
      lol...

i brought this up cause some putz in another thread said...."Oscar just stopped throwing the jab".....

as a matter of fact plenty of people believe that.....IDK why

Comment

Yeah, yet another boxing myth. I don't take Compubox seriously when it comes to accuracy (of punches landed), but DLH didn't stop THROWING the jab midway through the fight, he stopped LANDING the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
          I find this funny that whenever someone speaks on the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight they always revert back to the token....."Oscar would have won if he kep throwing the jab AFTER the 6th round"..........well boys & girls I am here to end all of that madness and lame message board rhetoric

Surprisingly, Floyd had the edge in jabs landed 69-40, throwing 240 to Oscar’s 246.

Oscar landed just 4 of 77 jabs in rounds 10-12, after landing 31 out of 124 jabs in rounds 6-9.....lol

Lets to the math....124+77= 201.....so after the 6th round...Oscar threw 201 Jabs.....45 jabs more than he threw in the first 5 rounds......

So TRUTH BE TOLD Oscar actually threw MORE Jabs after the 6th round than he did before the 6th round....lol...

Thats all folks!
          ******s will always try to find an excuse why their fighter lost.Oscar tried everything he could but lost to a better man.Thanks for highlighting this,those with eyes let them read what the intelligent people are writting

Comment

Me neither. I just had to have those factual stats to make me feel at ease. I've been taking depression pills because of the missing information I wasn't informed to.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
              Me neither. I just had to have those factual stats to make me feel at ease. I've been taking depression pills because of the missing information I wasn't informed to.
              failed attempt at sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                Yeah, yet another boxing myth. I don't take Compubox seriously when it comes to accuracy (of punches landed), but DLH didn't stop THROWING the jab midway through the fight, he stopped LANDING the jab.
                Oscar sounded Pathetic after the fight

Comment

You forgot to leave out the point that this was the most boring fight in all of boxing history. Not only was this fight boring, but what a hype.

Remember? BIGGEST FIGHT OF 2007!

I am a Floyd fan (not as much as I use to be), but for me, this ruined the way I looked at him as a fighter. Floyd talked so much ****, I thought it was going to be a WAR! In the end, this fight became THE BIGGEST SPARRING MATCH OF 2007!

59.99$ please

Comment

Man I think this was the funniest post ever lol

Comment

Working...
                    X