No announcement yet.

Duran vs Hagler was...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran vs Hagler was...

....not close at all in my opinion. The scorecards looked as if this was a razor close fight, but I saw this fight totally different. Actually I rewatched it yesterday and I scored it 9 rounds to 3 for Hagler with 3 rounds even. I do agree though that quite a few rounds were not one sided, meaning Hagler was not beating up Duran. But Hagler landed all the meaningful, clean punches basically the whole fight.
    Don't get me wrong, Duran is awesome: a former lightweight is the only guy who goes the distance with Hagler during his middleweight reign. That being said, Duran didn't connect with a lot of shots during that fight. Yes, Hagler got cut, and Duran won rounds 11 and 12 (close) on my scorecard at the end of the fight, but the story of the fight was to me that Hagler was in control almost every second of the fight.
    Antuofermo vs Hagler I for example was a lot closer than Hagler vs Duran.

Your thoughts?

The fight wasn't close at all.

Out of curiosity, have you ever scored a fight without giving atleast 2 even rounds?

You do know even rounds are a rareity and something judges pretty much never give.

I haven't seen a single scorecard from you without atleast 2 even rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      The fight wasn't close at all.

Out of curiosity, have you ever scored a fight without giving atleast 2 even rounds?

You do know even rounds are a rareity and something judges pretty much never give.

I haven't seen a single scorecard from you without atleast 2 even rounds.
      It is not rare to score rounds even. It's just that some guys do it and some guys don't. And honestly, there are a lot of fights where of the 15 rounds, sometimes 10 are very close. So to score 3 rounds even in a 15 round fight is no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        It is not rare to score rounds even. It's just that some guys do it and some guys don't. And honestly, there are a lot of fights where of the 15 rounds, sometimes 10 are very close. So to score 3 rounds even in a 15 round fight is no problem.
        No, it is a rareity. Judges very seldom score even rounds, if ever.

To score 3 even rounds in a fight is something that incredibley seldom ever happens.

To score 3 rounds in every single you fight you score is pretty ludacrous, really.

Comment

No, it is a rareity. Judges very seldom score even rounds, if ever.

To score 3 even rounds in a fight is something that incredibley seldom ever happens.

To score 3 rounds in every single you fight you score is pretty ludacrous, really.
          well, the only thing that is really strange is that you watch a total even round and then you decide that you give it to a certain fighter even though you know he didn't win it.

Comment

well, the only thing that is really strange is that you watch a total even round and then you decide that you give it to a certain fighter even though you know he didn't win it.
            How often is there a round so even that it results in an even round? Very rarely.

Just when a close round occurs, you can't decide who edged it and give it even because as you don't really know how to score a fight properly, meaning scoring it even is the easiest way for you to score an round which is close.. Which again, is a rarity amongst judges which is why scoring an even round is pretty much a pointless thing to do.

Which again beckons the question, do you have a scorecard without 3 even rounds? Because I don't think I've seen one from you. I'm genuinely curious to whether you have one.

Every time I see you have a scorecard, the first thing I think other than "This is going to be horrible" is I guarantee there are atleast 2 even rounds on this card.

You scored what? 5 even rounds in the Cloud-Hopkins fight? That's absurd, on all levels.

But like I said, despite the fact an completely even round to occur a 10-10 situation is a rarity, it doesn't matter regardless because a judge is almost never going to score a round 10-10 anyway. Let alone 3 every single fight.

Comment

How often is there a round so even that it results in an even round? Very rarely.
              For real? Tons of rounds are totally even and after watching them I try to give it to someone. And if it doesn't make sense to give it to one guy because nobody edged it, I score it even.

Comment

For real? Tons of rounds are totally even and after watching them I try to give it to someone. And if it doesn't make sense to give it to one guy because nobody edged it, I score it even.
                And here the lies the problem and thus your inability to score a fight.

Comment

And here the lies the problem and thus your inability to score a fight.
                  See, this is why I didn't read your last comment. I only read the first sentence to know you don't know too much about scoring fights.
                  Not gonna waste my time discussing with you about this topic.

Comment

from how i remember it, hagler pulled it out to win it in the later rounds

duran's stamina was terrible the fight, but for every round that he actually had the energy to fight, he won, a younger duran would have owned the crap outta hagler

Comment

Working...
                    X