Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs Marquez: Tony Weeks Get The Referee Nod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as Joe Cortez and Burt Clemens are out we're ok..

Comment

I was there when Miguel Arrozal of the Philippines fought for the title against Eloy Rojas at the Veterans Memorial in Phoenix, AR...Tony Weeks was the third man in the ring. Nothing bad to say about Tony Weeks, he is a good choice.

Comment

So glad to hear it's not "Fair but ****ed" Cortez. As long as Weeks doesn't get freeked out and make too quick of a stoppage it should definitely be a fair fight. That's all anyone can ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
          Kenny, Weeks n Smoger are the best refs out there, they should be the only guys reffing big fights.
          Co-Sign bother! I agree 100% but if i had to pick i would have picked Smogger, but either is ok...!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
            So glad to hear it's not "Fair but ****ed" Cortez. As long as Weeks doesn't get freeked out and make too quick of a stoppage it should definitely be a fair fight. That's all anyone can ask for.
            also always good to see someone still out there with the gumby/part in his hair cut.that always cracks me up

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
              Kenny, Weeks n Smoger are the best refs out there, they should be the only guys reffing big fights.
              Definitely the best.

Although right now, I'd place them in the following order:

1. Kenny Bayless (his ten-counts are the stuff of legends!)

2. Tony Weeks (very neutral, calm, controls the fighters)

3. Steve Smoger (fan-friendly referee, will let the action go on until a fighter CLEARLY cannot go on)- although I can recall him stopping Mtagwa-Gamboa a tad early. Mtagwa wasn't going to win that fight, but he didn't seem to pick the best moment to stop the fight.

Comment

Working...
              X