No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto is Not Sure if He Will Continue With Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto is Not Sure if He Will Continue With Diaz

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto is still not sure if he will continue his relationship with Cuban coach Pedro Diaz for a planned return in the fall.

"I have no idea" Cotto express to Carlos Narvaez. "He's in Miami. It is something that we will study, we will discuss and decide."

Cotto has a record of 1 win and 2 losses under the tutelage of Diaz. Their 2 losses took place in a consecutive manner, against Floyd Mayweather Jr. last May and then to Austin Trout last December. [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if this has anything to do with that article where Virgil Hunter pretty much berated Diaz for making Cotto train in high altitude.

Comment

He should stay with Diaz.

Perfect gameplan to beat Margarito.
      Great gameplan for Floyd (a lot of close rounds), Floyd just better.
      Good gameplan for Trout, Trout just too big.

Cotto needs to fight at a lower weight more than anything or choose 154lb opposition that aren't huge.

Comment

cotto cant beat bigger slicker black fighters

That's not Diaz fault.

Comment

Fighting at 154 turns Miguel into a brawler. The size deficit cancels out his boxing skills. He has to close the gap to land his punches and he's better than that. He's not past it, but at 154 he's punching too far above his weight. The Trout fight showed it up more than the Floyd fight because Floyd isn't really a JM either.

Comment

First loss Trout was just to big for Miguel. He couldnt get in and do damage because of Trouts long reach. Second loss, Floyd is the best fighter on the planet, and Miguel gave him a run for his money. I dont think he should let diaz go.

Comment

I think there a good team cotto can bang with anyone no matter the size or skill he should go after the winner of k9 & smith win that belt and take out canelo who will stand right in front of him

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                I think there a good team cotto can bang with anyone no matter the size or skill he should go after the winner of k9 & smith win that belt and take out canelo who will stand right in front of him
                ^^^ this guy

"take out canelo" ??? he couldn't even take out Trout whos best win was Canelo's brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                  ^^^ this guy

"take out canelo" ??? he couldn't even take out Trout whos best win was Canelo's brother.
                  Trout would beat Canelo.

Comment

Cotto sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X