Bbc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbc

Got this report from another site:

BBC Northern Ireland has snapped up the exclusive rights to broadcast Wayne McCullough's challenge for Oscar Larios' WBC super bantamweight title in Lemoore, California on February 10.
    The BBC will show the fight delayed the following day (Feb 11) at 11.35pm.

Talking of the BBC, word has reached the British Buzz that the undisputed world middleweight title clash between American champion Bernard Hopkins and Howard Eastman, scheduled for February 19 in California, could be televised on the beeb a day later on Sunday February 20. There is no official conformation at this time but it would be fantastic news for all British fight fans if the fight is aired at 10.35pm on BBC2.

That bit at the end sounds as if they know something we don't

I hope it's true, I can't get Sky at my new flat.

Comment

id settle for that to be honest, eastman is a beeb fighter so id be surprised if Sky would shell out for the rights.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
        id settle for that to be honest, eastman is a beeb fighter so id be surprised if Sky would shell out for the rights.
        Yeah I doubt they would, there's not a massive public interest in it.

Comment

eastman was also stinking the place out every time he fought, doing just enough time after tiome, I was at the press conference for the ill fated summer double biull last year (JC vs Glencoffe and Hatotn vs Mitchell - that ended up being hatotn v vilches) and was chatting to the Beeb guy responsible for internet reporting, he was voicing his reservations about Howard being an attraction for the show, which is why they bigged up froch so much, far more exciting to watch.

Comment

good news. theres not enough boxing on terrestrial t.v these days.

Comment

Because they're tight buggers. It costs a lot less to show highlights etc the next day. Plus they usually put it on at ungodly hours such as 11.30pm onwards. Considering some of the crap they buy and show, including large salary for that nob Johnny Vaughn they could get some decent boxing on. trouble is, like a lot of sports, boxing has taken Sky's shilling so unless you pony up to Murdoch for Sky you ain't gonna see ****.

Lol

Comment

I for one am sick and tired of the bbc delaying the coverage of boxing fights. It annoys me that they have 4 channels yet they still decide to put the boxing on in the middle of sunday night (The following Day!!!) This means not watching anything sport related so i dont find out the score and then still having to sit up in the middle of the night to watch a replayed fight! Its not on!

Comment

Originally posted by england4ever
                  I for one am sick and tired of the bbc delaying the coverage of boxing fights. It annoys me that they have 4 channels yet they still decide to put the boxing on in the middle of sunday night (The following Day!!!) This means not watching anything sport related so i dont find out the score and then still having to sit up in the middle of the night to watch a replayed fight! Its not on!
                  And we have to fork out £120 a year for this treatment.

Comment

aahh but people we get to to listen to it live on the radio....**** em i'm buying off setanta, get the whole card - easy worth the money

Comment

Working...
                    X