Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams vs. Francois Botha Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain how a 12 round fight becomes a 10 round fight when the local boy is ready to go?
    Last edited by Gordon_Gekko; 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

That was an absolute farce...

- I had Botha actually winning on points, despite what the ultra biased commentators thought.

- as mentioned above and by Botha's corner, this was a 12 round fight apparently. How in the hell can the ref decide that he's gonna change that and make it a 10 round fight?? It's so obvious that everyone knew he was about to go down and fast...just incredible.

- SBW should have been deducted points a number of times for holding, he had absolutely no response for any attack that Botha launched, just hugged and hugged, and hugged.

SBW has no future in boxing, you could even tell in his post fight interview that he knows it.

I don't know why I'm getting so worked up about such a pointless fight, but Boxing is hurt by crap like this..

Comment

These 2 buffoons should both retire now absolute joke professional Boxing should'nt come down to this.

Comment

Originally posted by sabonis11 View Post
          That was an absolute farce...

- I had Botha actually winning on points, despite what the ultra biased commentators thought.

- as mentioned above and by Botha's corner, this was a 12 round fight apparently. How in the hell can the ref decide that he's gonna change that and make it a 10 round fight?? It's so obvious that everyone knew he was about to go down and fast...just incredible.

- SBW should have been deducted points a number of times for holding, he had absolutely no response for any attack that Botha launched, just hugged and hugged, and hugged.

SBW has no future in boxing, you could even tell in his post fight interview that he knows it.

I don't know why I'm getting so worked up about such a pointless fight, but Boxing is hurt by crap like this..
          Agree with the whole post, ridiculous fight but now it's got me upset! I didn't even really care about the scoring because it was KO or bust for Franz.... I had it 95-93 Botha at the end.

Comment

That was the most pathetic fight I've seen in a long ass time.

Sonny Williams should have been deducted points for excessive holding many times.

And wtf was up with it being a 10 rounder when it was scheduled a 12 rounder? Not to mention ref saying "30 seconds left" when there was still 1:30 on the click.
            Last edited by thuggery; 02-08-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              That was the most pathetic fight I've seen in a long ass time.
              Don't knock it, it will be more entertaining than Mayweather-Alexander lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Well that's true. If this fight was on the Floyd-Alexander under card it would have been fight of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Definitely - except in that fight, I'll be happy if they trim the last 2 rounds.

Comment

what an absoloute shambles, sonny boy williams is a disgrace

feel bad for botha having a disgraceful cheating loss like that

Comment

Sick of this greedy rugby clown and khoder nasser using the sport to rip fans off in order to fill their bank accounts. Looks like quade cooper is the next one. It's a bad trend that's starting, that embarrasses the sport, even though it brings interest

Comment

Working...
                      X