Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury vs Firtha weights....

Fury 253lbs vs Firtha 247.75lbs

http://www.undisputedfightmag.com/20...tha-247-75lbs/

Anybody know anything about this Firtha?

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post

Ask Joe Strong, he's the resident expert on B and C level heavyweight fighters..

Comment

Firtha got KTFO by Tye Fields - it's on youtube.

Not that that means he's a bad fighter - he's huge lump. I think Tyson probably stops him even though Povetkin couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post

6'6 245 & very aggressive.he's big, always comes forward,takes a good punch & is always willing to fight anyone & anywhere on short notice. he along with manuel quezada,dominick guinn, & jason gavern have become the new gatekeepers of the division. if you can find his fights with povetkin & fields. he had a really good 8 round scrap with canadian champ neven pajkic. his fight with tye fields was a good one.as someone posted earlier fields knocked him out of the ring.that win by fields looks better & better with each fight as firtha is very durable.its funny because i have been talking about firtha,quezada,gavern & zack page since the day i joined this site & no one barely knew who any of them were.i always talked them up as better then tomato cans & now a few years later all of them are gatekeepers except i call page a trialhorse...if you need an opponent on short notice that is going to give your fighter some problems but really isnt a threat you call page.firtha is a step above page though & is a tougher fight then dereck chisora was at 262. this is a risky opponent for fury but a great measuring stick.he has the winner of mcdermott & david price next. if price wins its him but if mcdermott wins i think fury vacates his british title since he already beat him twice(once in my eyes)...fury best not look beyond firtha.
        Last edited by joe strong; 09-17-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Firtha is being billed as a world class heavyweight by 5.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Ask Joe Strong, he's the resident expert on B and C level heavyweight fighters..
            thanks for the recognition...yes i do follow all heavyweight boxing as much as i can. i still say find firtha's fights with fields & pajkic.i don't think you will find the fields fight other then the ko on you tube. i was at the firtha\fields fight & it was a good scrap.it was by far the best tye fields ever looked.he was in awesome shape & actually had good footwork for once(we all know he looks uncoordinated throwing punches)& cut the ring off very fast(firtha said he was shocked how quickly tye cut the ring off). firtha is starting to get a few name fights the last few years.i hope it continues for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
              Firtha is being billed as a world class heavyweight by 5.

he's a solid gatekeeper who most top guys will beat but if they are complacent an upset could happen.zuri lawrence use to be that guy & monte barrett had a few year run as the top gatekeeper now its firtha,gavern & rafael butler has been fighting guys lately too.firtha is a C+ fighter who can beat all the lesser opponents & your mid level HW's. his best win was vs tony grano but he is starting to build a nice resume of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                he's a solid gatekeeper who most top guys will beat but if they are complacent an upset could happen.zuri lawrence use to be that guy & monte barrett had a few year run as the top gatekeeper now its firtha,gavern & rafael butler has been fighting guys lately too.firtha is a C+ fighter who can beat all the lesser opponents & your mid level HW's. his best win was vs tony grano but he is starting to build a nice resume of opponents.
                Most top guys? All should beat Firtha, Gavern is a step up to Firtha and the other gatekeepers around now.

Either way, I think Fury-Firtha could potentially be a war. Fury always brings it and Firtha is going to be a lot more open then what Chisora was.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                  Most top guys? All should beat Firtha, Gavern is a step up to Firtha and the other gatekeepers around now.

Either way, I think Fury-Firtha could potentially be a war. Fury always brings it and Firtha is going to be a lot more open then what Chisora was.
                  i got gavern & firtha about the same level but with gavern having a win over quezada & draw johnathon banks you could give gavern the nod. firtha is much bigger & won't be pushed around. firtha has nothing to lose & he is actually irish in decent so he is pretty excited to be fighting fury in ireland. you are right about this fight potentially being a war.i'm excited to see how fury does against firtha. firtha has improved since the fields & pajkic fights.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 09-17-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I reckon Fury's going to dominate Firtha like he's never been dominated before. Not saying Fury is that good, he's just that aggressive. I hope Firtha can hold on, he's in for a bumpy ride.

Comment

Working...
                    X