No announcement yet.

Golden Boy releases Andrew Cancio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy releases Andrew Cancio

All he said was he wanted Golden Boy to put him other places besides fantasy springs because he wants to build his fanbase so he can quit his job at the gas company.

Golden Boy has gotten arrogant since getting that DAZN deal

Damn that sucks.

Comment

Hopefully someone signs him.

Comment

Cancio said he had a great camp, but he fought like he wasn't trying to be there Saturday night. His body language was really negative; I was wondering at the time if he was having personal problems or something.

Would love for Top Rank to put him in against Jamel Herring.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Cancio said he had a great camp, but he fought like he wasn't trying to be there Saturday night. His body language was really negative; I was wondering at the time if he was having personal problems or something.

Would love for Top Rank to put him in against Jamel Herring.
          I saw someone mention in another thread he had alcohol issues or something, and while I ain't taking it at face value it was just left field enough to make me wonder.

Still a bit shitty of GBP to drop him just after an L.

Comment

GBP caught me off guard.
            I thought I'd hear about them signing Xu Can instead of this.
            Hope Cancio made some decent money and invested.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              GBP caught me off guard.
              He made 75k against Machado. 125k in the rematch. Alvarado purse isn't published anywhere but I bet it was another 100k-150k.

After taxes and paying everyone, he's probably put 150k or so in the bank during this title run. Not at lot.

Comment

WOW! Hopefully he gets picked up and get that good payday he been hoping for. I can see maybe PBC grabbing him and building him back up and giving him that good Payday fight with Leo Santa Cruz which I think would be a fun fight stylistically at least

Not a fan of throwing fighters away, but this seems like something more than just that not sure what really happened

Comment

Promoters have too much power in this sport. The fighters should have more.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    He made 75k against Machado. 125k in the rematch. Alvarado purse isn't published anywhere but I bet it was another 100k-150k.

After taxes and paying everyone, he's probably put 150k or so in the bank during this title run. Not at lot.
                    Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    GBP caught me off guard.
                    He still works a full time job with the local gas company

Comment

Working...
                    X