Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is hagler rated sooo highly?? :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't even waste time with such GARBAGE, do your research, you have internet use Google and Youtube and STUDY!

Hagler is proven, you're NOT going to change people's opinion of his greatness and he can't comeback for you and the rest of the Clueless Trolls Approval and he doesn't have to because his Legacy is very much secure

Trying to downgrade a LEGEND is not going to make people rate your current favorite fighter>Hagler that will NEVER HAPPEN because people are not as dumb as you and the other TROLLS on this Forum

Comment

The two "welterweights" Hagler fought were both world champions at 154 before moving up to MW. Oh, and 2 of the absolute greatest fighters of all time who went on to win titles at higher weights than middleweight. The "lightweight" was also a champion at 154 before moving up to middleweight.

Hagler was THE middleweight champion for 7 years, and during his reign the only fighter that managed to go the distance was Duran. He spent years before he was champion being ducked and beating the best middleweights. Basically, he was the best fighter in the division for somewhere around a decade and proved it over and over.

Comment

What fighter has Hagler beaten that's better than Golovkin and didn't come from a 2 or more divisions below?

Comment

GGG fans showing their true colors...sit back and enjoy people

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            What on Earth has GGG done to make you think that he would beat Hagler?
            You will not get a logical answer from this guy

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              What fighter has Hagler beaten that's better than Golovkin and didn't come from a 2 or more divisions below?
              LMFAO...who has GGG beaten better then Duran,Hearns,or Hagler?what fighter has GGG faced who even has a shot to enter the hall of fame?better yet name 1 p4p fighter GGG has faced

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                The two "welterweights" Hagler fought were both world champions at 154 before moving up to MW. Oh, and 2 of the absolute greatest fighters of all time who went on to win titles at higher weights than middleweight. The "lightweight" was also a champion at 154 before moving up to middleweight.

Hagler was THE middleweight champion for 7 years, and during his reign the only fighter that managed to go the distance was Duran. He spent years before he was champion being ducked and beating the best middleweights. Basically, he was the best fighter in the division for somewhere around a decade and proved it over and over.
                You make hacker sound very good. And he was great. But when you mention gggs stats in 29 years time ie no one going more this 11 rounds with him after 35 fights, everybody scared of him and gave belts to him rather than fight him etc etc GGG will sound equally good if not moire so already.

Yes dursan won title at 154 before challenging hagler. But GGG stops middle!eweights, not guyswho moved up from lightweight. And if jmm stepped up from lightweight you'd expect GGG to stop jmm or any lightweight, be it Floyd, jmm or Duran. GGG was crucified for wanting to beat Floyd the PFP no1 and lmw champ. So there's a little double standard thing going oin here that won't go by un noticed
                Last edited by hugh grant; 09-14-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

PPL here trying to minimize Hagler.

One of the most avoided fighters, that lost against Hamsho and that draw against Vito were robberies.

Great chin, technic and stamina. If he was fighting in this era he would had that triple G backing that you see the fanatics doing here on a daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                    LMFAO...who has GGG beaten better then Duran,Hearns,or Hagler?what fighter has GGG faced who even has a shot to enter the hall of fame?better yet name 1 p4p fighter GGG has faced
                    None. I agree with that.

Now tell me who Hagler beat at MW who is better than Golovkin and didn't come from 2 or more weight classes below?...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
                      i like the dude for real but...

i think hes overrated

please enlighten me

school my aŁ$ on why hagler was the man at 160 and is ranked like top 3 of all time as a middleweight

his most notable win was against hearns who was coming up from 147 in a great war

he beat duran who was a killer at 135 lol

he lost to srl who was a natural 147, yes the fight was close but he lost

he had a solid fight with mugabi which he won...but what else

the rest of his resume is unknown and he lost twice early on...he kinda reminds me of joe calzaghe excluding the two early losses

please tell me whats up with this guy cos i wanna be a fan of his like majority of you are lol thanks

I look at Hagler as a good fighter, but not a great fighter. He reigned as champion for a while and did beat Hearns, although the cut early on would have stopped him had Hearns boxed more and not broken his right hand. Leonard and Duran made him look pretty bad. It's debatable whether he beat Duran or not. And let's not forget the natural lightweight Duran took him 15, which no other middleweight did during his reign.

I think Hagler had solid power, a great chin and could compete with any middleweight in history. How many great middleweights he'd actually defeat, I'm not too sure about. Of the fabulous four, he was definitely at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                      X