No announcement yet.

Randomly came across this here video..I’m blessed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    We’re all children of our own generation. Louis was. Ali was. And I am WAS now. I don’t feel comfortable with today’s ‘modern times’.

The ****y youngsters of today ain’t yet aware of what’s in front of them. But in 20-30 years from now, they will suffer the same fate when time has had values changing.
    That’s how it always has been.
    Very well said, I sent you some greengage.... peace..good post.

Comment

Good post... I believe that this was my first time ever seeing that fight...….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Good post... I believe that this was my first time ever seeing that fight...….Rockin'
        Who is that in your picture?
        I think I recognise him? Is he that old guy that fought Hatton?

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
          Who is that in your picture?
          I think I recognise him? Is he that old guy that fought Hatton?
          Kostya Tszyu, one bad little man.....Rockin'

Comment

Kostya Tszyu, one bad little man.....Rockin'
            just watched some of his earlier fights. Dude could really punch.
            I didn't see that loss coming. That Vincent guy really got him good.

Im surprised he didn't rematch him at some point

Comment

just watched some of his earlier fights. Dude could really punch.
              I didn't see that loss coming. That Vincent guy really got him good.

Im surprised he didn't rematch him at some point
              Vince Phillips could fight. Some guys just have the others kryptonite..…….Rockin'

Comment

Vince Phillips could fight. Some guys just have the others kryptonite..…….Rockin'
                I had no idea it was going to happen when I watched It.
                I hadn't looked at the records.

That guy certainly has a hell of a right hand.
                Ironic considering that Tszysu guys best asset seems like his right as well.

Comment

I watched the video clip. That clip doesn't really say much one way or the other.

But one thing I have noticed when I watched old Ali footage/fights is that Joe would always pick against him.

And Joe would get really really mad whenever Ali won.

Whenever Ali did win it seemed Joe had something mean to say
                  while he angrily smoked a cigarette.
                  Laszlo

I don't know how you present as a person so I don't want to make assumptions about your emotional IQ, but in the interest of trying to be helpful..."Watching" the superficial exchange on that video tells one very little. If you look into it and get a sense of their body language, the way they look at each other, etc...it shows two men who respect and have affection for each other. It does not mean that Louis may not have felt that Ali needed a punch in the nose, or that Louis had something to say about how Ali fought: Louis was a man who trained hard to have perfect punching technique and Ali did not depend on technical details that most boxers had to.

louis probably had envy...he lost horribly to Schmelling when he got a little too comfortable, and Ali managed to beat Liston... I don't know this, its conjecture... Sometimes as human beings we envy, we get angry, etc. It does not mean that if Ali had really been hided, for example, that Louis would not feel bad for him. Marciano may have actually had antipathy towards Ali. But Ali was charming and when he was not proclaiming himself the greatest, if you really listen, he is often complimenting fighters that came before him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                    We’re all children of our own generation. Louis was. Ali was. And I am WAS now. I don’t feel comfortable with today’s ‘modern times’.

The ****y youngsters of today ain’t yet aware of what’s in front of them. But in 20-30 years from now, they will suffer the same fate when time has had values changing.
                    That’s how it always has been.
                    yes we need good people to stand up and we need historians to interpret events. During the Nazi's rise in Europe, Hegel's nation building philosophy was fashionable and intellectuals everywhere did not even question the assertion that the government funding art might be problematic. These were supposed to be the intellectuals, the Liberals, the educated progressive individuals...

In those 30 years people will look back and say, this witchhunt and use of language to create a permanent class of professional victims, and persecute others for free speech was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Laszlo

I don't know how you present as a person so I don't want to make assumptions about your emotional IQ, but in the interest of trying to be helpful..."Watching" the superficial exchange on that video tells one very little. If you look into it and get a sense of their body language, the way they look at each other, etc...it shows two men who respect and have affection for each other. It does not mean that Louis may not have felt that Ali needed a punch in the nose,
                      I don't know where you got any of that.

In the clip Joe shows nothing but contempt for Ali.
                      And seems to struggle to be civil.

Ali seemed like he's just messing around.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Laszlo

I don't know how you present as a person so I don't want to make assumptions about your emotional IQ,
                      You seem like the pretentious type of dude

Comment

Working...
                      X