Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal: thoughts and final predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the things Pascal does well, Dawson does better, I think Pascal's main chance of legitimately winning the fight would be to make the fight a war and work the body early in an attempt to slow Dawson down in the later rounds where Pascal's durability and toughness would make a difference. But if Dawson manages to set his distance and establish his jab, Pascal would be in for a long night, the only way Pascal manages to win that type of fight is if there's some crooked judging.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Most of the things Pascal does well, Dawson does better, I think Pascal's main chance of legitimately winning the fight would be to make the fight a war and work the body early in an attempt to slow Dawson down in the later rounds where Pascal's durability and toughness would make a difference. But if Dawson manages to set his distance and establish his jab, Pascal would be in for a long night, the only way Pascal manages to win that type of fight is if there's some crooked judging.
      Easier said then done, if boxing was that easy alot of fighters would have success. Fighters want to go to the body often but its just hard to get to it, especially when pascal will be fighting a fighter as talented as chad dawson!

Comment

I'm expecting Pascal to win, but if he doesn't win, I hope the judges rob Dawson.

Yeah.

Thats right.

Comment

Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
          Easier said then done, if boxing was that easy alot of fighters would have success. Fighters want to go to the body often but its just hard to get to it, especially when pascal will be fighting a fighter as talented as chad dawson!
          You're right, it's much easier said than done, especially considering Pascal's body work has dropped off as his opposition has gotten better, he used to be a very good body puncher earlier in his career. I expect Dawson to win a decision, unless as I said, there's some crooked judging.

Comment

If I could place a $1,000 bet on Dawson completely dominating Pascal, I would.

Comment

Watched some Pascal fights today and I honestly think he gets beat 8-4 9-3. He is good, nice speed, nice reflexes, doesn't mind getting in there to scrap it out and always comes to fight. I don't see anything he does better than Chad though. I think handspeed will play a BIG role in this fight, first one to get off will win. Pascal tends to leave his hands low but bring them up quick as **** whenever someone punches, you will see him doing that **** ALL night long as Dawson rips 3-6 punch combinations to the head and body.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I'll take my 35mill points to your 10mill. Anybody?
                PM me if you still want this.

Comment

Pascal went a week in Dominican Republic than 3 weeks in Colombia to shoot himself up full of roids as a preparation before the fight.

Still hope he wins since I'm from montreal tho.

Comment

I think Dawson by decision. The level of competition is so different between these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                      This fight for the Ring light heavyweight title is only three days away.

Anybody have some thoughts and final predictions on this important fight?
                      I'm a fan of both fighters. Both fighters have been terribly inactive, although in Pascal's case it's legit. I recognize Dawson's talent and abilities, but he doesn't have a large fanbase because he's not constantly getting in the ring like Tomasz Adamek, when he should be.

Dawson has backed out of fights before which is why he's been inactive, I hope Pascal wins just teach Dawson a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X