No announcement yet.

Beginner Boxing...Good Buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Boxing...Good Buy?

Is this a good buy for a beginner boxer who wants to get into the sport...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...150532643&rd=1

Thanks

just join a gym. that heavy bag is really light and that stuff looks cheap as hell anyways.

Comment

Looks like a decent deal to me. But joining a gym is just about right, unless you have lots of space in your house to put up a bag and hit it without other people getting annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by deuskie
        Looks like a decent deal to me. But joining a gym is just about right, unless you have lots of space in your house to put up a bag and hit it without other people getting annoyed.
        well, he also need someone to teach him too hit the bag so JOIN A GYM.

Comment

NONE of that stuff will help you "get into the sport". You might be able to work up a good sweat and lose some weight, but unless you join a boxing gym and work with an experienced coach, you'll never learn a thing. And if anything, you'll only pick up a bunch of bad habits and shoddy technique, so if you ever DO get a coach and start training for real, he'll have to work with you twice as much to beat those bad habits out of you.

(Man, I need to put that in my sig -- it seems like I type it out for someone new nearly every day around here.)

Comment

i have to train my ass off for ages.... well i like to cus no one wants to be a fatass AND everyone wants 2 be a boxer (exept 4 puffs) lol

Comment

join a gym to learn how to fight. once u know proper technique there is no harm in buying extra gear to practice at home.

but whatever u do dont teach yourself bad habits,...they can be a "real pain" later on.

Comment

Working...
              X