Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knockoutking565 View Post
    Did you watch the Moses fight, Katsidis fight and Recent Mitchell fight? Its funny how everybody see's Broner as this Unstoppable Monster with God-like boxing skills and Little crap bum Ricky Burns who has no power, speed, chin or technique to even make it past the second stands no chance with the MIGHTY ADRIEN BRONER!!! lol give me a break! the guy has been fighting little zombie-like mexicans who are scared to death and also has been basically a welterweight on fight night while fighting those guys, Broner is good but WAYYYYY Overhyped, Burns is a very good technical boxer with long arms, a great jab, tight guard and punches very well to the head and body, He is also a BIG dude, he will also come in at fight night around 140-148 lbs.

I will still pick broner to win by a UD (like a 116-112 or 115-113 type scorecard) But at the same time i wouldnt be shocked if burns wins.
    So if he beats this undefeated guy and has pretty much destroyed his opposition, How is he overhyped. He's just the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Broner hasn't fought anybody with Burns size that is as fast, versatile or technically able. I'd like to see it and see how Broner dealt with Burns angles and movement.

Everybody that has ever fought Broner has stood right infront of him, Rees will do exactly that. Burns style makes this an interesting fight IMO

I genuinely think Ricky has a good chance of out-boxing that flat-footed hypejob.

You have no idea what footwork is if you think that Broner is flat footed in the athletic sense. I mean physically I'm flat footed but I played corner in football so by far I am twinkle toes compared to your average run of the mill boxer. Broner could easily play corner and that means this kid is by far from flatfooted. He fights flat footed because he can. If he ever needed to get on his horse it would not be a problem, trust I see the athleticism...

Comment

Originally posted by usaboxing20 View Post
        So if he beats this undefeated guy and has pretty much destroyed his opposition, How is he overhyped. He's just the truth...
        Burns isn't undefeated.

Comment

Did you watch the Moses fight, Katsidis fight and Recent Mitchell fight? Its funny how everybody see's Broner as this Unstoppable Monster with God-like boxing skills and Little crap bum Ricky Burns who has no power, speed, chin or technique to even make it past the second stands no chance with the MIGHTY ADRIEN BRONER!!! lol give me a break! the guy has been fighting little zombie-like mexicans who are scared to death and also has been basically a welterweight on fight night while fighting those guys, Broner is good but WAYYYYY Overhyped, Burns is a very good technical boxer with long arms, a great jab, tight guard and punches very well to the head and body, He is also a BIG dude, he will also come in at fight night around 140-148 lbs.

I will still pick broner to win by a UD (like a 116-112 or 115-113 type scorecard) But at the same time i wouldnt be shocked if burns wins.
          LOL! Amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Burns isn't undefeated.
            My bad, just never watched the guy fight or bothered to look up his record...

If he not undefeated why are they even bothering to put him in the ring. There is already a blueprint on how to beat him...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Faster handspeed but not faster feet IMO & he has virtually upper body movement, only time he moves his head is when its getting snapped back or when he does that stupid leaning back & shaking of his head his idol does.
              I think he has terrible footwork & footspeed.
              I am utterly convinced he is far from what he is made out to be.

A poor mans Berto rather than a poor mans Floyd if you ask.
              Come on. You have to admit he's much better than Berto. After you mentioned his footwork I went back and took a look. Man the boy's footwork is deceivingly good. The way he controls distance leaving room to punch is Mayweatherish. Every boxer has idols. Ali-SRR, Foreman-Liston, now Broner-Mayweather. That shouldn't count against a guy.

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Whether it's an easy fight for Broner remains to be seen, it still should happen. The guy is one of the top lightweights around; so he should just get a pass and not fight Broner because he probably loses? That's not how boxing works, I think Broner should gun fro Burns in May and Vazquez in August to claim lightweight kingship.

Comment

Originally posted by usaboxing20
                Quote:

Originally Posted by D-MiZe

Burns isn't undefeated.

My bad, just never watched the guy fight or bothered to look up his record...

If he not undefeated why are they even bothering to put him in the ring. There is already a blueprint on how to beat him...
                If you don't know what you're talking about you are better off saying nothing

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I won't deny that broner is a good fighter because he is, but the hype from this guy at the moment is shocking, his biggest win at the moment is against Antonio demarco a walking living zombie who only has one decent attribute and that's his straight left hand, he fought a dumb fight against broner, he should have used his jab and long straight left but instead tried to brawl, if broner beats burns who i think is a top fighter impressively, I will give him credit

The top 5 lightweights in my opinion is 1. Vazquez, 2. Burns, 3. Broner, 4. Abril, 5. Demarco

I have broner at 3 at the moment because he has just moved up, but if he beats burns and Vazquez he can be #1

Comment

Broner just moved up and destroyed DeMarco who many people had as the #1 guy at the weight. He tried to get Ricky Burns next but Ricky appears to be ducking him (or his management is ducking.)

Comment

Why not??? Beating titlist in your division is apart of cleaning it out.... I want Vazquez so they can fight for the lineal strap but don't have a problem with Burns or Abril

Comment

Working...
                      X