Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim: Cloud’s a Good Kid, Hopkins is Too Much For Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most are saying - its a 50-50. Cloud hits harder than the punch that Pascal knocked Hopkins down with. And with Hopkins age, another year older, his legs cannot be like they were.....a fighter has to slow down. Hopkins has never faced a pure puncher at this weight. I hope Hopkins does not get hurt.....the idea of Hopkins being knocked out is heartbreaking.....or taking severe punishment.

Comment

Cloud will either start fast and try and get him out of there early or he will start slow and try and wear him down late. Either way by the eighth round Cloud will be standing in front of Hopkins afraid to let his hands go and allowing Hopkins to do just enough to steal rounds and win a decision

Comment

Dangerous fight for bhop.

Comment

Cloud didn't beat Campillo, although he got the nod, and he certainly won't beat Hopkins. Bernard is a great boxer, mover... and Cloud has proven he doesn't do well against that. I see a wide points victory for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            he certainly won't beat Hopkins.
            There is NO such thing as "Certain" in boxing and people are forgetting that no one defies age forever. Both Hopkins and Cloud lost their last fights and either could lose to the other. With Cloud being the hardest hitter Hopkins has ever faced, this is a pickem fight.

Comment

This is the very first David interview which I regard as poor. It was not his fault, he is an excellent reporter and interviewer. But the two legged belly just had nothing to say other than a collectiion of vulgarities.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                This is the very first David interview which I regard as poor. It was not his fault, he is an excellent reporter and interviewer. But the two legged belly just had nothing to say other than a collectiion of vulgarities.
                What the hell is wrong with you? Perhaps boxing isn't the right sport for you to follow if it offends your dainty sensibilities.

Or is it that you are a closet racist and can't resist the urge to disrespect any black boxer or trainer? Judging from a lot of your comments that would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Might see Nard stopped in this one.
                  We've been seeing "Nard" get stopped since 2001 when he was 35 and "Too Old". People need to accept that Hopkins is just a legend. You don't realize what you are watching right now, when he retires it'll hit you like "Oh sh-t, when the f-ck will I see a guy like that again?".

2001: Trinidad is going to knock Hopkins out[Trinidad got outboxed and got his 0 taken from him].

2005: Taylor will be too young and too active for Hopkins[close fight].

2006: Antonio Tarver[175 Ring Champion; Hopkins first fight at 175] will be too big, too powerful, Hopkins is getting killed. He needs to retire[Hopkins was 40 years old]. Tarver gets schooled.

2007: Winky Wright was favored to beat Hopkins[close fight, Hopkins won].

2008: Calzaghe was listed as -275 favorite. Decision was debatable, I thought Calzaghe won and Hopkins looked his 43 year old age.

2008: "Pavlik is going to kill Hopkins", Roach: Hopkins should retire, he's going to get seriously hurt by Pavlik. Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite among betting odds and boxing experts. The majority of predictions was Pavlik by KO/TKO. Hopkins schooled Pavlik and took his 0.

2010: Pascal -300 favorite to beat Hopkins. "Has the 23 years of boxing mileage finally taken its toll, and is Pascal really the fighter to send the ageless wonder into retirement?"[SBRForum].

2012: Dawson favored. Close fight but clear. This fight marked Hopkins' first clear loss since losing to Roy Jones in 1993.

2013: Cloud has about as much of a chance as Pavlik, at beating Hopkins. I expect people to know by now that Hopkins should be favored in most of his fights, especially against a style like this. After 11 years of being the underdog, people don't learn that it's actually Hopkins' opponents who are the underdog, even at 47/48 years old and being outweighed/fighting way younger top fighters.

Comment

dang Bhop. I've been getting really nervous in your fights lately my man. There were points in the Pascal fights I thought he could go out at any moment, he was looking kinda fragile in the 1st fight especially. Cloud brings his lunch pail to work in every fight..he's pretty static or whatever, but definitely a worker bee. Even in the Campillo fight he never stopped working. He seems like an earnest dude and I was kinda let down by hearing him resort to politics at the end of the Campillo fight. I think he got the Don King whisper in his ear right before that so u know how that goes.

anyway, any let down of movement or reflexes and Hopkins could get let punishment build up slowly in this fight. I love the fight and I know Bhop invites this type of matchup because the masterpiece is possible and that's what really I'm watching for. lately it's like all of hopkins fights lately are more important than the last...the added history makes them extra interesting

Comment

B-Hop's boxing knowledge is beyond question. But age catches up to everybody eventually, you have to wonder if this is when it finally does for him.

It's an intriguing fight because of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X